SSB disc - always prepares update & then fails...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by tri_fin, May 21, 2016.

1. tri_fin
    OP

tri_fin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    Hi,

I have firmware 5.3.2 and just bought SSB. On loading SSB it attempts to update, fails (as I am using Tubehax) and then I can play the game fine. But when I quit & restart the game it does the it again! How can I stop this?

Thanks.

2. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    have you tried it with the internet connection killed?

3. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    You need to update SSB with Wupinstaller method using it through the Homebrew Channel, this will stop your wiiu nagging for it in the future. You can't update it just normally with TubeHax activated on your wiiu, it wont let the wiiu connect to the Nintendo servers to download the SSB update properly, this is why your wiiu is constantly nagging for the update when you quit Super Smash Bros or visa versa. My advice to you, would be to spoof your wiiu too FW5.5.1 as well while your at it!.

Wupinstaller Homebrew Link for apps sd card> https://github.com/dimok789/wupinstaller/releases/tag/v1.0

Wupinstaller instructions & Links>http://wupinstaller.com/

Wupinstaller home page>https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-title-installer-firmware-spoofing-3-x-5-4-0.397053/ (Using the WUP Installer)

Edit: also I just thought to mention to you, you will need a minumim 8GB sd card at hand for your wiiu sd slot, the latest Super Smash Bros v1.1.6 update I think its nearly 3GB's in size as I remember, yeah its big and very annoying cause it wont quite fit on a 4GB sd card!!!

Last edited by Reecey, May 21, 2016
  4. tri_fin
    OP

tri_fin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    So does SSB needs a firmware above 5.3.2 ?

I got SSB to use with Loadiine & MK8...

5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    No you can keep using SSB with FW532 and update it with Wupinstaller and keep going as normal with loadiine but I suggest to spoof it to FW551 because then you can use SSB disc/eshop versions online as normal and also MK8 etc.. Its a waste to buy a copy of SSB and not be able to use it online :)

Last edited by Reecey, May 21, 2016
  6. tri_fin
    OP

tri_fin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    Thanks for the help - really great.

So firstly I am trying to update SSB.

However I have no luck with this WUPinstaller or rather NUSGrabber. NUS Grabber seems to do nothing - well when I run it, a window really quickly opens then closes. I found a program NUSGrabberui and it has a list of stuff - games etc but when I choose SSB and try to download the latest or any update I get 'there was an unknown problem when downloading'...

I am using it on Windows10 and generally am competent with pc's etc..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I am trying to download the SSB update using JNUSTool but I have no idea if thats ok or not. Really don't understand NUSGrabber! Well don't understand JNUStool but at least it does something!

Still trying. Do I need to decrypt the ssb update or just download it?

After more research I am not sure NUSGrabber or NewNUSGrabber or NUSGrabberGUI work anymore? Trying to download with JNUStool..

Settled on using Uwizard. Downloading update now. Seems to be working!

Additional follow up: I have worked out how to use NUSgrabber, it works in a CMD prompt window and needs the title id after it:

"NUSgrabber.exe 0005000010145000" for the latest update for SSB EU.

I was able to find a working title id from here:

https://jsfiddle.net/bkr8v63L/2/embedded/result/

The version of NUSgrabber I am using comes from the WUPinstaller homepage:

http://wupinstaller.com

NB there are apparently a few versions of this around but this one does seem to work and the WUPinstaller homepage states that this version 'This is a special version that directly renames the files to work with the installer.'

You can actually see it downloading the files from Nintendo so that is quite fun.

I will report back when my super slow rural broadband finally coughs up the update! mmm not sure that title id is correct - so far the download is 9GB and still going...

Final update. All working! It was pretty simple in the end, just needed the correct version of NUSgrabber and the correct title id. The latest update for SSB is around 3gb not 13gb. The version of NUSgrabber from the WUPinstaller page does download slightly different files than uwizard so don't use uwizard/JNUStool for this purpose.

Thanks again and hope this helps someone else!

Last edited by tri_fin, May 24, 2016