Hacking SS:BB doesn't read on my Jap wii.

simpleplan123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have a Jap Wii, it's semi-bricked, so I do not know what's the firmware nor what's my modchip...... Yea, so I have SS:BB (US) burned on a DVD DL, the iso is patched so didn't need to use Generic patcher or WBB, but when I put the disc in, it doesn't read.

What do I do now? I have SMG (Jap) but I'm afraid to unbrick my wii with it cos some ppl claim that back-ups don't work after that etc. + I have no idea what my modchip is and ppl say I have to update my modchip (if it's wiikey) to 1.9b first before using SMG. Well, I remembered trying that but it failed.

So, I wanna know:
1. Is it possible for me to just update with SMG (Jap) without updating the chip whatsoever?
2. Will the chip stop working after updating with SMG?
3. After updating with SMG will SS:BB be read by the Wii drive finally?
4. Do I still need SS:BB (Jap ver.) to update before using SS:BB (US)?

Argh....so much problems. Someone please help, I know if I don't do anything, when Disaster: Day Of Crisis arrives, I'm going to go nuts.

whatsa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, update to the latest firmware (it's on Smash Bros X JPN), then, if it still won't work, burn it again. What medium are you using? Verbatim, etc.

EDIT: If it isn't to complicated for you, you can try patching US SSBB with the SBX update from the JPN version, using Trucha Signer, then burning that to good media. The JPN update files are floating around on the forum, I believe.

simpleplan123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got impatient and tried updating with SMG (jap). It updated, gave me dual channels and my settings page STILL can't be accessed. So it's not unbricked.....? So I should have updated the mod chip first is it? What now? Tried SS:BB again but still can't read. Thank goodness back-ups still work. Sigh.... stupid problems.

simpleplan123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I know!! So I'm like WTH? Anyway is it cos I didn't update my Wii mod chip? I keep trying to update it to 1.9b (if it's a wiikey) but does not work! So I'm seriously pissed now, I got dual channels and my wii is not unbricked..... ARGH!!

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no it has nothing to do with your modchip.
are you 10000% sure your console is japanese, and SMG is japanese? what game did you brick on and what region was it? you probably bricked on mario galaxy ntsc, which means you cannot unbrick with mario galaxy jap as it's the same firmware
unbrick with SSBB JAP not ntsc

simpleplan123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, 10000000000000000000000000% sure my Wii is Jap, due to jap words, channels. SMG is jap too, after updating it, it shows in the disc channel and there is jap words...

Pokemon Battle Revo was the one that bricked my wii. Nope, I don't have SMG (US) even, so it can't be it.

Can I unbrick it with SS:BB (Jap) then? I mean, SS:BB(US) cannot even be read on my wii, so can the jap one be read? I'm confusedddddd........
wacko.gif

Also pissed.
hate2.gif

stuffed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
SMG US will give you japanese words in the channel..
my SMG US shows as japanese in the channel, plays in english though...

if you update with SSBB JAP it should be ok. (unbricked i mean...)

i had the problem of it not reading ssbb, but after updating to 1.9b it was ok...
although it might have not connection to the modchip whatsoever...

simpleplan123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked with Trucha Signer. Definitely Japanese. There's only Japanese folders in it.

Then how am I going to update it to 1.9b? It keeps failling.

Maybe SMG(Jap) update didn't work because I have updated with Link's Crossbow Training and American Idol: Encore before updating with SMG(Jap)? After updating those two, nothing happened, so I thought it was ok. So maybe now I need WiiFit(jap) to unbrick my wii? After all, SS:BB can't be read on my damn wii and I can't update to 1.9b.

Can someone help with the 1.9b crap, I burned it with Imgburn to a imation dvd. Speed was automatic. Placed it in the wii, all that, then asked for flash test, reached 100% then failed.... I remembered reading lots of ppl had this same problem but there wasn't a clear cut solution.

simpleplan123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dual channels are in japanese. SMG is definitely japanese. My wii is japanese too. So yea, I'm probably the first ever person to get dual channels from an update from a SMG (jap) on my JAP wii..... I still think the problem could be with Link's Crossbow Training update. I let it update and maybe since it's a new update as LCT is released later then SMG, SMG didn't work. So maybe I need WiiFit (jap) like I said before. But hopefully someone can confirm this. Either that I have to go try it out myself...

devil_goalie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simpleplan123 said:
The dual channels are in japanese. SMG is definitely japanese. My wii is japanese too. So yea, I'm probably the first ever person to get dual channels from an update from a SMG (jap) on my JAP wii..... I still think the problem could be with Link's Crossbow Training update. I let it update and maybe since it's a new update as LCT is released later then SMG, SMG didn't work. So maybe I need WiiFit (jap) like I said before. But hopefully someone can confirm this. Either that I have to go try it out myself...

Since your wii was updated with 3.X U firmware with zelda and american idol,your system got most likely messed up when you updated with a japanese firmware update from smg. That's the main purpose of brick blocker when playing non-jpn wii game: to avoid having a messed up system software with 3.0U and 3.0J elements working together.

But since all the 3.0U and J updates got messed, you'll had to wait for a nintendo game with 3.2J (I'm thinking of mario kart) to get back you settings. For game playability, maybe the updates caused a conflict, and installing a fresh new japanese system software would probably help. the question is now when it will release!! I've waited like many people about 4 months before unbricking my 2.2J wii settings because of us brain academy update (got it fixed with smg jpn and his 3.0J update).

simpleplan123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
devil_goalie said:
simpleplan123 said:

Since your wii was updated with 3.X U firmware with zelda and american idol,your system got most likely messed up when you updated with a japanese firmware update from smg. That's the main purpose of brick blocker when playing non-jpn wii game: to avoid having a messed up system software with 3.0U and 3.0J elements working together.

But since all the 3.0U and J updates got messed, you'll had to wait for a nintendo game with 3.2J (I'm thinking of mario kart) to get back you settings. For game playability, maybe the updates caused a conflict, and installing a fresh new japanese system software would probably help. the question is now when it will release!! I've waited like many people about 4 months before unbricking my 2.2J wii settings because of us brain academy update (got it fixed with smg jpn and his 3.0J update).

Thank you so very much for your answer. Knew it had to be zelda and AI:E's updates that messed my wii up. Finally can put my mind at ease and wait for Mario Kart to try it out..... instead of me going in circles about modchips and their updates.... Well, in the mean time I got No More Heroes to keep me company since can't play SS:BB... Thanks again for your help.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw