SRAM not working even after replacing battery

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Gintoki Sakata, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Gintoki Sakata
    OP

Newcomer Gintoki Sakata Advanced Member

Japan
    I need help. The battery of my EZFlash 3in1 recently died and I just replaced it with a new one, following the instructions of the solderless battery replacement guide from here. But my games still can't save, my EZ flash failed the SRAM test. I hope it is not broken :cry: What else can I do?

2. Gintoki Sakata
    OP

Japan
    Anyone? Could the pins have an oxide layer which prevents them from conducting electricity?

3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Rust is still conductive, oxide layers are there to prevent further rust from occuring, not prevent conductivity.

The tabs might be seperating from the battery under the tape. You have to check if the tabs are bulging under the tape. I prefer soldering over tape due to the fact I don't have to guess if it comes apart.

The other possibility is the game your trying to run has an incompatible save type. If you believe it is not the game save type, it would definitely be a hardware problem.

4. Gintoki Sakata
    OP

Japan
    Thanks man, I appreciate your help. It really looks like my SRAM is broken, but I've no idea when and how that happened. I even hooked up a D.C adapter to my EZ flash, of course to no positive result. I recieve different error messages with and without a battery connected. This is when I realized that my EZ flash has become a worthless piece of garbage :(

5. Searinox

Member Searinox <3

Romania
    What are you using to write roms? Is it possible that your software doesn't patch saving? GBA EXpLoader 0.58 works very well. Second, have you checked the battery polarity? Third, try saving with a pokemon rom. Why I say this is because if there is a problem with the chip itself, you will get an explicit error.

Please heed my advice and try to unstick the battery then put it back in place, this time more carefully and making sure the connectors don't touch both poles. I've had a similar problem to yours where moving the cart around would delete saves only to discover I hadn't properly secured the battery. And I've done about 10 battery exchanges in my life, I was surprised at my mistake.

6. Gintoki Sakata
    OP

Japan
    Hi, no, my SRAM is really broken. I did an SRAM test with some tool and I got this error

verify Err: Add=0, S=74, D=80

Changing the polarity just resulted in another, similar error. Pokemon refused to save, as well as all other games I tried. But it goes worse, my 3in1 suddenly wasn't detected anymore by my slot-1 card. I figured it was an issue with the contacts not properly connecting with the slot-2 contacts. After I thought I solved that problem by sticking some paper in the case, my 3in1 was still not detected properly. Finally that damn thing got the taste of my wrath and was smashed to pieces.