Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RAGE
tongue.gif

It's made by Matrix Software alone, with close to no help from big Squeenix. Other Final Fantasy games were made with some help from Matrix Software, but most of the work was done by Squeenix. That's where the difference is. It's not made by the same company, even though it says it is.

Pokémon Jade is a fake Pokémon game btw.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said it was MADE by Square Enix dude. I said that Square Enix had a hand in it, which they did. They provided the "mythology" as it were and gave the green light for the productions. I believe they published it too. It's definitely a Final Fantasy game, not being a numbered game in the series doesn't stop it from being of the series. If it had been unlicensed like your pokemon game, i'd have agreed, but it isn't. Square Enix had some part in its making, development or not. Also, many of the Square Enix staff made important contributions to the game, the lead director (Takashi Tokita) for Gaiden also was the lead designer for Final Fantasy IV. He worked on several other Final Fantasy and other Square Enix games as well. There are more people too, i could list them if necessary. Square Enix had a hand to play in the game. In fact they DID have a large hand in the development process.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, wasn't trying to be mean, sorry if it seemed like that. My main point was just that Final Fantasy sells on name alone. Squaresoft of America back in the 90's realized this and renamed both the SaGa series, and even the very first Seiken Densetsu (mana) games Final Fantasy. That's the power of the series basically. Of course, that was the US localization team that did that. Here though, Gaiden was marketed as a Final Fantasy game, spinoff or not. No need to rename it anything as Square Enix already marketed it as such.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stealth Fox said:
Point is square could care less about the ds now and its fans.

...What point are you referring to? If they didn't care they would have released all of these games on the PSP or something. They still have made a lot of games for the DS, including a bunch of remakes of some of their most popular games (FFIII and IV, as well as DQ IV, V, and VI, not to mention Estopolis, which is mentioned).

The fact is that a majority of the games they wouldn't localize wouldn't pull that much cash anyway. Nintendo isn't gonna localize Captain Rainbow and probably won't localize Zangeki no Reginleiv either. Does this mean they don't care about fans in the States? No. It means they realize what games appeal to what market. Companies won't play martyr and kill their coffers and profits just to please fans. Their profits always come first.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stealth Fox said:
Point is square could care less about the ds now and its fans.
You're not very knowledgeable about game companies if you ever thought they did. They exist to make money. And you can be sure that they will do whatever they can to get money. Clearly, if they refuse to bring over some games, they believe there's not a market. You can't blame them for that either, but rather the gaming population. Even yourself if you don't buy their games. If the games don't sell, why should they waste effort bringing them over? The entire reason the majority of the Mother series never came to the US was because when they DID bring it over, no one bought it. That wasn't Nintendo's fault, they spent a lot of effort on the localization and advertising. It's just that people spat in their face and didn't give a damn. And then people complain and wonder why the companies won't localize games.
closedeyes.gif

And it's pretty funny and ironic really how people are complaining about games not coming out or whatever on a site that openly supports piracy. Hypocritical to call companies scum considering the piracy that goes around here. I don't blame them really. I would be surprised if you even intended to buy the games had they come out, though i won't make any hasty assumptions.
rolleyes.gif

Stealth Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are not publishing dq 9 here leading me to believe they dropped all ds support. They localize any and ever ff game, oh wait they said they wont localize ff gaiden, leading me to believe they dropped ds support.

And when people email square about this title, they respond "we have no US release plans".

Why are you people defending this crap company, when they spit in your face time and time again>

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stealth Fox said:
They are not publishing dq 9 here leading me to believe they dropped all ds support. They localize any and ever ff game, oh wait they said they wont localize ff gaiden, leading me to believe they dropped ds support.

And when people email square about this title, they respond "we have no US release plans".

Why are you people defending this crap company, when they spit in your face time and time again>

I'll go blunt: You have no clue what you're talking about.

You make absolutely horrifically bad assumptions. They're not publishing THREE games and you think they're canceling all support for the DS in North America? That's like saying that since it's night outside and the sun isn't out, the sun will never come back ever again and it will be dark for all eternity. Even then, Dragon Quest is a Square Enix property and they own all rights for it. Nintendo can't just go "tee-hee!' and publish DQIX behind Square's back. Square just probably figured "Meh, might as well let someone else do it."

If Square didn't bother with the DS, why would they publish all these games? Why would they even bother with bringing DQVI (which I've said and backed up with proof in past posts that it IS coming to North America) to America in the future?

If it's a crap company, why do you care so much about their games? Crap companies make crap games. Calling them a "crap" company for not publishing a few drops in the bucket of Square Enix titles is past exaggeration. Tons of companies don't bother localizing DS games simply because A) American/European markets are very different from Japanese ones and B) they don't always have the resources.

You seem to ignore every single logical point thrown at you and just respond with the same repetitive, flawed rhetoric that has more holes poked through it than Swiss cheese. If you bothered reading anything we've been posting then you'd realize that Square Enix isn't a bunch of dickwads that hate America, but that they're a company, and companies do what companies need to do: make a profit.

And the DS is ending its lifespan in the near future anyway. You'll more than definitely see Square on the 3DS, I'll bet you my left testicle on that.

Stealth Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you defend them why? because they dont bring the games they make so other people can play them?

FF gaiden is a freaking ff game, they brought over that crap wii game yet they wont bring over a game that sold out in japan.

dq 6 has been tba forever and when they are asked about it they say they have no plans for the title

I went to your link and pony friends is there latest localization in 6 months....... not even going to justify that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stealth Fox said:
And you defend them why? because they dont bring the games they make so other people can play them?

FF gaiden is a freaking ff game, they brought over that crap wii game yet they wont bring over a game that sold out in japan.

dq 6 has been tba forever and when they are asked about it they say they have no plans for the title

I went to your link and pony friends is there latest localization in 6 months....... not even going to justify that.

Just because DQ VI is TBA doesn't mean it's gonna not be released. It was released in Japan this year. We heard about Zelda Wii 2 since E3 last year and we still don't even have a goddamn title for the game.

I'm not defending them. Hell, I hardly play Squenix games. I think they're boring as all hell. Final Fantasy is a snooze fest, as are most of their JRPGs. They're a one-trick pony. I'm not defending them, I'm simply poking holes in your absolutely horrific logic. Yet again you dance around all the points I presented and just say "BUT THEY'RE NOT LOCALIZING 3 GAMES!" Start addressing the points that anyone in this thread has posted and then maybe you'll get some small number of people taking you're "non-issue" seriously.

EDIT: As for FF Gaiden, yeah, I think it's a loss, boo-hoo. It's one Final Fantasy game out of an ass load of them. Square Enix probably just decided not to bother since the DS is already ending its lifespan anyway, especially with the announcement of the 3DS, and don't want to start pushing localizations for a system that will be in it's final stages in the relatively near future. Even Nintendo won't be pushing any major titles for the DS anymore. I severely doubt the 5th Gen Pokemon game is gonna be on the DS, odds are it'll be on the 3DS. The major titles for this year's line-up were practically all shipped out in March. The rest are some nice titles, but nothing as big as Pokemon was.

I'd like a link to the interview where they say they won't localize DQVI, because they list it on their North American DQ site as "Coming Soon!"

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stealth Fox said:

I'm not sure if you just can't comprehend what you read but what part of WE'RE NOT SURE YET do you not get?they never said they wouldn't localize the games to other countries they clear as day just stated we're not sure yet...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Quest VI just now came out in Japan, if you think they'd bring it over just 2-3 months after that, you're not very smart. Obvious from your arguments.

Nothing in this was confirmed, they just said they MIGHT NOT bring all of their DS titles over. It never even mentioned specifics, and Dragon Quest was not mentioned there. As i said, blame YOURSELF if they don't bring games over, clearly you haven't bought enough of their games. They're a business, not your personal slave. No one is defending them, as far as we're concerned, they don't give a rat's ass about gamers, just their money. Your logic is just horrible, and saying they spat in the face of DS gamers is just wrong. You spat in their face if anything, the people who don't buy their games are at fault.

Stealth Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I buy there games, yet they treat ds US owners like crap. It cant even be denied. Birth by sleep released maybe 3 days later, and that got a US date right away!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingdom Hearts is totally different, it's one of their main games and sells incredibly well in the US. Logic fails dude, stop posting nonsense. If you're so mad, complain to them, not us. See where that gets you.
laugh.gif

Stealth Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are one of the only companies without a fan email, because again they dont care.

They release garbage like nier (universal release) and they wont release ds stuff which is much more intune with the heart of there company.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then again, don't complain to us. And if you think they're a garbage company, don't buy their games. Simple as that, your preaching is not getting you anywhere and is making you look unintelligent. Like a company? Buy their stuff. Don't like? Avoid their products. That's WHY they don't release games in the US, no one wants their games. That's not the sign of a heartless company, it's the sign of a business. If Mario didn't sell in the US, they wouldn't bring it over, same for every game. The Mother series is a prime example of this.

Stealth Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again your missing tthe big point and really sounding pompous. The games are good because the developers make them good. The executives at square make the company bad by making bad decisions, by localizing shit games, and ignoring the great ones.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No YOU are missing the point and sounding idiotic. These "shit games" you refer to are cheap to make and easy to make a profit off of because people lap them up. If the really "good" games you are referring to actually sold, they'd produce them. I'm sure you'd do exactly the same if it were you up there in their big offices. If shit sells in the US, why put in any effort to make a good game? Simple answer- you don't. The developers would agree too, considering their profits depend on sales as well. You really don't get the business part of gaming do you? I won't argue anymore if you don't. If developers didn't care about money and only cared about making something with quality, they'd be freelancers like Pixel of Cave Story. Release all their games for free.

As it is, ALL game developers are business men first, game makers second. Their priority is to make a profit. And whatever sells is what they will make. If we just so happen to have a GOOD game that sells, then they'll keep making good games. If not, then they'll continue to developer shit. There is no distinction between the executives and developers either. If they developers don't like what the executives are doing, they can protest as well, just up and leave. It has happened. As it is, they have more power to control the company than the executives since THEY are the ones making the games. A company would be nothing without the workers. You could do the same you know. If you don't like your job, quit. And these are famous developers, they could easily get a job at any company they liked. So they are in no danger of being unemployed either.

At any rate, just stop complaining. You look retarded when you do and it gets you nowhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...