prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
z8T5r.jpg
Square Enix had on the whole a pretty good showing at E3, with Tomb Raider featured as one of the headline titles at Microsoft's press conference and games like Deus Ex and Hitman Absolution seeing heavy coverage.

Of course, those are all from the Eidos side of the company. The question is, where were all the Japanese Square Enix games?

There were some Japanese produced titles, most notably Final Fantasy XIII-2. But one Square Enix higher up was disappointed by this side of the company's showing.

Koji Taguchi, a senior executive officer at Square Enix Holdings, posted the following at Twitter on the final day of the show: "Because we merged with Eidos and had games like Tomb Raider, Deus and Hitman, as a company we were able to keep face. But the decline in Japanese titles was almost humiliating. This has been a week where I worried daily about how we can fix this."

Taguchi isn't the only Square Enix higher-up who has been open in his opinion about the company's Japanese development. Last month when Square Enix announced huge losses, CEO Yoichi Wada said that he expects an internal development revamp to take two years.[/p]Source

I didn't really hear much about Square Enix from E3, everyone was fixed on Vita, 3DS games and the Wii U.
I would of loved to see some Type-0 action though (which is pretty much the only game I was hoping on seeing and getting a NA/EUR release)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was disappointed by the lack of Kingdom Hearts 3D info. Nomura, creator of the series, told everyone at E3 2010 that the game would have more unveiled at E3 2011. But the game didn't even show up at all in any shape or form.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I was disappointed by the lack of Kingdom Hearts 3D info. Nomura, creator of the series, told everyone at E3 2010 that the game would have more unveiled at E3 2011. But the game didn't even show up at all in any shape or form.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Kindom Hearts series will ever go forward in its story development, Nomura seems so busy...

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm worried if Kingdom Hearts 3D got cancelled or something....
frown.gif

Not to forget, they even missed out on Heroes Of Ruin intel.

D

Deleted-220713

SamAsh07 said:
frown.gif

NOOOOO!
THIS CAN'T HAPPEN!
I won't let it!
mad.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
SamAsh07 said:
frown.gif

Please don't say that!!!
ohnoes.png

I'm getting worried
frown.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
chris888222 said:
SamAsh07 said:
frown.gif

Please don't say that!!!
ohnoes.png

I'm getting worried
frown.gif
Like I'm not
frown.gif

I was looking forward to E3 just because of these 2 games, the conferences passed without any info about them, I was getting worried, then I noticed "Heroes Of Ruin" logo on the screen (after Iwata left). Then I got hyped and was expecting something in the following 3 days of June 7-9. But nothing. -_-

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Was hoping for some Type-0 info, at least a release date, since I'm running out of PSP games to play. >:

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wooohoo!! Just snatched some nice information regarding KH 3D from Wikipedia:-

In an issue of Game Informer, it was revealed that the game was expected to make an appearance at E3 2011, where a new trailer was to be shown. However, these claims proved to be false when no such trailer was presented and the game received no mention whatsoever at Nintendo's Press Conference.

Following this, Square Enix executives confirmed that there would be no Kingdom Hearts news at E3 2011 and indicated that the game's next trailer will be showcased at the 2011 Tokyo Game Show.[/p]

pkl2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i was hoping for info on versus 13, kingdom heart 3d and while i do hope they do i don't think they will be able to bring out a new kingdom hearts game each year they just have too much on their hands.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
chris888222 said:
Why would it be humiliating for Sq Enix? Their games are really good!

You mean were good? Nothing really spectacular from them for a while (and apparently not in a while either).. Not that I don't like games like FF and KH from Square Enix, considering the games that the Eidos side has presented, Square Enix was a major let-down for me. Well lets hope that they can present something interesting next time
tongue.gif

-Qtis

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Squaresoft side are pussies too scared of sticking with good ideas that the serious FF fanboys don't love as soon as they see it.

I mean the whole combat system for XII was an amazing idea coming from these guys. The story may have being pants and the world feel tiny even if it looked massive but they should have tried to keep the one promising part of the game and develop that in XIII instead of gimping the gambit system into the horrid paradigms. And stepping out of the world map for fights was another major step backwards. And with XII the game was becoming less linear again, and they had to shove you into an "on the rails rpg" for the sequel? And the worse thing was, they even had a decent premise that could have turned into a good story line with XIII and they screwed that up too.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Square became the way of Rare did when it went to Microsoft. Only here the difference is Square began whoring out the same shit over, and over, and over, with very basic outlines to structure it, where Rare... just shat over everything they had

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to know is... what the hell do they expect?

They work on one game and make development for that game last years. They don't have multiple things coming out.

They could easily make Tetsua work only on KH, bring in another character designer, have one final fantasy, one kingdom hearts, and one or two non-big Square Enix titles.

It's a no brainer why Japanese games are becoming scarce, because they don't even try.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's obvious Japanese games will be showed at TGS guys. But yeah... Square-Enix was really bad on e3, besides their Eidos side (Tomb Raider was amazing).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: