Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first saw screens of this I was saddened that instead of being like the last excellent GBA game, it looked like the sucky DS one instead...and then I saw the trailer!

The side on platforming bits look like the last GBA game (which you should try as it was one of the last classic games on that handheld) and amazingly the 3D sections look very Panzer Dragoon! I hope SEGA see this and get the idea to bring that series to the DS.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Looks great,
Tantalus are pretty good developers, they're worth keeping an eye on
grog.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that does look pretty good. I don't remember ever playing a side-scrolling Spyro game before; even the GBA ones had an isometric view. This looks like it could be a good fit for Spyro.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Yeah, that does look pretty good. I don't remember ever playing a side-scrolling Spyro game before; even the GBA ones had an isometric view. This looks like it could be a good fit for Spyro.
The last game on the GBA was Eternal Night and was really great, check it out:

There was also A New Beginning & Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy, both were side scrollers but just a run of the mill platformers.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hadrian said:
...amazingly the 3D sections look very Panzer Dragoon! I hope SEGA see this and get the idea to bring that series to the DS.

exacly what I thought when I played the flying section in ZeldaTP... The DS and the Wii are so well suited for Panzer Dragoon because of their unique capeabilities but SEGA doesn`t see that!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a solid 2D platformer/action game! I especially like the 3D flying stages!

I liked Eternal Night on GBA, but hated the DS game. But after all these new Spyro games, I still don't think you can beat the PS1 trilogy! Nothing would please me more (except maybe mario RPG DS) than to see the original PS1 games ported to the DS. I think they would be suited to the DS too! Too bad Sierra now owns Spyro and probably won't ever do this.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Looks like a solid 2D platformer/action game! I especially like the 3D flying stages!

I liked Eternal Night on GBA, but hated the DS game. But after all these new Spyro games, I still don't think you can beat the PS1 trilogy! Nothing would please me more (except maybe mario RPG DS) than to see the original PS1 games ported to the DS. I think they would be suited to the DS too! Too bad Sierra now owns Spyro and probably won't ever do this.
First bolded: *goes nostalgic*
Second one: Want this to happen but I agree, it might not happen.

I lost my faith in Spyro when I played Year of the Dragonfly. I hope I can get it back when I play this game...

This thread made me remember how I owned Gulp with the "Superflame" cheat...

kazuki_pl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Hadrian, stay away from panzer dragoon xD i still got saturn under my bed and panzer dragoon saga ;p

as for spyro, maybe it looks nice @.@ but they can always screw something else than graphics >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.