galaxykidgamma

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
i'd like to use gamefaqs' *.sps savetype on an m3 gba game. So i guess i need to convert it to *.sav or i suppose even *.dat.

i might be completely off track, re-naming the *.sps to *.sav dosen't work.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'd like to use gamefaqs' *.sps savetype on an m3 gba game. So i guess i need to convert it to *.sav or i suppose even *.dat.

i might be completely off track, re-naming the *.sps to *.sav dosen't work.

for gba saves that I don't recognize, i would load the save file onto VBA with the game and then use the created .sav file from that.

Z

Zelion

Well, SPS is gameshark save or something, theres a few different ones out there. You can HEX Edit the file, remove the last 4 bytes and then remove from the begining of the file and delete bytes until your filesize is 65536 bytes. Seems kind of tedious, but its accurate. Also if you don't know how to use a hex editor dont bother trying this. Hex Workshop is pretty much perfect for this task btw.

Also take note that the filesize may not be 64KB(65536)
Common Save sized are 32KB(32768) 64KB(65536) and 128KB(131072). I'm assuming your saves are for a GBA game too
tongue.gif

galaxykidgamma

OP
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
cool i'll try both solutions immediately

EDIT: First solution works well. Had a problem w/ Aria of Sorrow (apparently there are 2 aria of sorrow roms?) but that i'm sure was my fault

EDIT: Hey excellent, Hex editing worx great too! haha, and i've never even hex-edited b4
tongue.gif

thx guys

lee6767

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I don't even need to get my laptop thanks for the second method it helped a lot I might use hex editer more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up