*.sps to *.sav

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by galaxykidgamma, Jul 21, 2006.

Jul 21, 2006

*.sps to *.sav by galaxykidgamma at 3:58 AM (2,225 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. galaxykidgamma
    OP

Member galaxykidgamma GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i'd like to use gamefaqs' *.sps savetype on an m3 gba game. So i guess i need to convert it to *.sav or i suppose even *.dat.

i might be completely off track, re-naming the *.sps to *.sav dosen't work.

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    for gba saves that I don't recognize, i would load the save file onto VBA with the game and then use the created .sav file from that.

3. Zelion

Zelion Newbie

Well, SPS is gameshark save or something, theres a few different ones out there. You can HEX Edit the file, remove the last 4 bytes and then remove from the begining of the file and delete bytes until your filesize is 65536 bytes. Seems kind of tedious, but its accurate. Also if you don't know how to use a hex editor dont bother trying this. Hex Workshop is pretty much perfect for this task btw.

Also take note that the filesize may not be 64KB(65536)
    Common Save sized are 32KB(32768) 64KB(65536) and 128KB(131072). I'm assuming your saves are for a GBA game too [​IMG]

4. galaxykidgamma
    OP

Member galaxykidgamma GBAtemp Regular

United States
    cool i'll try both solutions immediately

EDIT: First solution works well. Had a problem w/ Aria of Sorrow (apparently there are 2 aria of sorrow roms?) but that i'm sure was my fault

EDIT: Hey excellent, Hex editing worx great too! haha, and i've never even hex-edited b4 [​IMG]

thx guys

5. Zelion

Zelion Newbie

Hehe No problem [​IMG] Glad I could pass on some knowledge and skill [​IMG]