spreading awareness

Arendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This topic is for all those that are going about their life, sleeping...

This topic is also for all those who know the world doesn't make sense and wish to do something about it.

First of all, let me explain myself. As of the day I became a conscious human, I felt the world didn't make sense. And ever since, it became worse and worse.
A year ago I just couldn't take it anymore and made an appointment with a psychologist, who send me to another psychologist, who send me back. Then she made me do some psychological tests, which resulted in me being all kinds of nasty stuff no one - including the psychologist self - believed. The tests said I was depressed, suicidal, manic, paranoïd, you name it. So she send me to see some other kind of shrink, who said I was probably autistic. So I was send to another institution and we started looking at how I could just live a happy life instead of checking what was wrong with me. So we talked and talked, and as time past it became harder and harder for me to deal with society. Each appointment with my shrink resulted in us discussing how fupped the world worked and how I couldn't change it, or could I?

So, to get to my point, I started a project recently. Together with some friends we started thinking of how we could spread awareness. I, having a history in internet programming, made a couple of websites - http://soorb.co.cc/ (including a 'destroy the world'-kind of text-based strategy game) and http://changeourworld.co.cc/

Well, this project took for as CoW, Change our World. At the website, mentioned before, I started a blog with which I hope to reach through to people. And, in the near future, get more people who feel the same way about the world, to share their visions, their ideas and eventually rise to revolution. To really change the world.

One friend of mine is studying photography and with the help of one of his teachers he's started a Human Rights project, with which he will soon go to Amnesty to discuss a cooperation. Check it out @ http://www.rkeuren.blogspot.com/

Another friend is designing flyers to spread around. Promoting the website, our thoughts and our goal.

A third friend is organizing debates and giving lectures about all of this.

So, if you feel like the world doesn't make any sense anymore. Discuss in it here, I will make sure to check back here often to participate in any discussion. Also, check the website, register and join theorizing, philosophizing and discussing how we could Change our World!
Further, if you think you can do something, do it, try it, are you already doing something? Tell people, spread the message!

And here're some of the stuff you should check out, just a little bit of how fupped the system is!

http://whocontrolstheworld.com/faqs/

http://foureyedmonsters.com/neutrality/

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Linkiboy said:
Not another conspiracy theorist...

When exactly did he mention any type of "conspiracy" then?

I agree, things dont make sense, the things we are told, and expected to believe without question dont make sense at all. Bad things are happening in the world right now, many people are blinkered to them. Too stupid, selfish, arrogant and self absorbed to even bother to scratch the surface. One day I shall make a blog about how I see the world here. And maybe wake some of you guys up.

It is a dream I have, something I really want to do....

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Linkiboy said:
Not another conspiracy theorist...

When exactly did he mention any type of "conspiracy" then?

I agree, things dont make sense, the things we are told, and expected to believe without question dont make sense at all. Bad things are happening in the world right now, many people are blinkered to them. Too stupid, selfish, arrogant and self absorbed to even bother to scratch the surface. One day I shall make a blog about how I see the world here. And maybe wake some of you guys up.

It is a dream I have, something I really want to do....
blahpix5.jpg

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I got to be honest, when I got laid off from McDonald's because business wasn't booming like the usual I was like 'OMGHAX!!' I mean McDonald's always have a lot of customers coming and going like clockwork!

I for one can say the World is becoming a hard and scary place to live in. I mean who will use Santa's suit as a rouse to do a killing spree inside another person's house. Later on kill himself!? It's sad that my future children have to deal with the heartaches and confusion inside the world.

Legobot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:
Yeah I got to be honest, when I got laid off from McDonald's because business wasn't booming like the usual I was like 'OMGHAX!!' I mean McDonald's always have a lot of customers coming and going like clockwork!

I for one can say the World is becoming a hard and scary place to live in. I mean who will use Santa's suit as a rouse to do a killing spree inside another person's house. Later on kill himself!? It's sad that my future children have to deal with the heartaches and confusion inside the world.

the same thing happened to me at the office job i have in the holidays. Some people got let go a cople of weeks ago and it wouldn't be right to take me on =[

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
@ Linki

Lmao sick shit is going on in the world, it always has done, since the beginning of time! Man has always done horrible things to man.

Are you saying everything is fine in the world, and no bad things happen in it Linki?

This guy is talking about human rights and gives us a link to his friends blog, who wants to co-operate with amnesty international. Is amnesty international a group of conspiracy theorists?

If only you realised how many basic rights we have all lost in the past few years, you would be horrified, if you had a clue. We do need to have a revolution, we arent free people any more, the patriot acts, and their worldwide equivalents are documents of slavery. 90% of people cant see what world we are sleepwalking into, and this isnt a load of conspiracies. These things are signed off and introduced by Presidents, Prime Ministers and Governments.

And its getting worse every day, thats reality, that is a fact!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
@ Linki

Lmao sick shit is going on in the world, it always has done, since the beginning of time! Man has always done horrible things to man.

Are you saying everything is fine in the world, and no bad things happen in it Linki?

And its getting worse every day, thats reality, that is a fact!
I am not. I am arguing the way he describes how it is happening. I'm sure an elaborate plan to control the world would take one little step to account for all the people who "realize" it.

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's really just that we have more exposure to what's going on around the world now. It's easy to get depressed when you realize all the stupid stuff that's going on all over the place.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that organizing debates and lectures or trying to get people to read your blog is a way to do anything about it.

People are selfish and self-absorbed. To change a lot of the garbage going on right now, you need someone who's charismatic enough to make others sacrifice their time and effort for something that he/she finds important enough to do something about. Remember writing and speaking are all good, but you have to have an audience that's willing to sit there and listen to you.

Even that's not enough though. Before you can start dealing with social issues, you have to make accommodation for issues of class and background. If someone's poor, they're not going to have the resources or time to commit to your project. In fact, they may even be working against you if it's easier for them to makes ends meet doing things in an illegitimate way. In relation to background, individuals may also have emotional, situational or mental problems that block them from being part of a "solution." Someone who was born into a single-parent family, in a bad neighborhood where the mother was addicted to drugs, and there was a lot of crime is likely going to have problems with the straight and narrow themselves.

Don't do this with the aim to change the world. Do this with the aim to make things easier for the people who you help personally, by helping out a soup kitchen, working for a legitimate program that successfully encourages social development, or even just encouraging education by volunteering at a school. Chances are you'll have much better and more tangible results than if you created another blog on the internet about social action, or took pictures of disadvantaged people for Amnesty.

Just my 2 cents.

Arendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist. And also, the website: WhoRulesTheWorld.com isn't a conspiracy theory, it just translates facts about how the world is ruled for the common guy.

Second, even if you feel like it's a conspiracy theory, that website is not mine. It's just a good example about how fupped the world is.

Third, I think some of you might have woken up a while ago, and I think together we could really make a difference. Unlike what Xanth says, I say: Aim for your dreams, whether you miss or not, at least you tried. And in the end, all that matters is that you tried.

Xanth says some really good stuff too though, volunteer at a soup kitchen or at some school to encourage teenagers to study good. But the problem is too complex for volunteering to have any impact.
I mean, I'm a Social Worker, I'm a volunteer at a youth center and I have friends of many ages - including kids from High School - and I help everyone where ever I can to make the best out of what we have today. However, I also encourage everyone to fight for their dreams, if you want something, fight for it.
However, in the world today we need a diploma to work, without a diploma, no work. My problem is the new schooling system. Since I miss some important stuff inside my head, I can't do what they want me to do, it's just plainly impossible.(I was great in high school, aced most tests even if I didn't study. It all came naturally to me, however, the new system wants me to reflect on things I learned and I miss a critical (psychological) aspect to do that.) I've explained this a numerous of times to each school I've been to and they all understood my case, but they couldn't change it. The government had decided that this system would be better. So I'm just fupped because the government didn't think straight. And that stuff happens more and more every day. Recently mushrooms got prohibited in our country, even though we live in a democracy and roughly 70% of our country responded that they didn't want them to be prohibited. Still the government decided it was better, because of peer pressure from other countries.
Now, as a Social Worker at a youth center I know everything about peer pressure and I know schools and all sorts of institutions try everything to get youngsters to think for themselves instead of what their peers say. How can we have our youngsters still believe that if our own government sways under the pressure of other countries?!

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arendo said:
However, in the world today we need a diploma to work, without a diploma, no work.

I used to think this, but I just graduated from college last year, and I can't find a job even with a bachelor's degree.

I'm starting to lose your argument though. Is this really you complaining about society or you complaining about stuff that's happened to you?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Linkiboy said:
I'm sure an elaborate plan to control the world would take one little step to account for all the people who "realize" it.
Not if it's 100% legal and more or less in plain sight. I mean, "who controls the world" may sound like a segue to some weird conspiracy theory, but when the immediate answer is "Oil companies", then what? There's absolutely no need for any world-spanning conspiracy when we have the age-old practices of oligopoly and market manipulation. And no need for any hiding, either, you can do it in plain sight. Nobody cares anyway. It doesn't take a conspiracy to keep third world countries poor (in order to keep labour costs low), all it needs is denying development loans (instead giving them to each other and patting themselves on the back), supporting backwards governments, and refusing to sell them any new technology at any price under "exorbitant". Nothing illegal about it. Never mind the poverty, famine, social injustices this helps perpetuate, the goal here is to profit, usually at the expense of others. Is that a conspiracy? No. it's called "good business practice". And people don't care about any of it because they're too busy blogging about shoes.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Veho said:
Linkiboy said:
I'm sure an elaborate plan to control the world would take one little step to account for all the people who "realize" it.
Not if it's 100% legal and more or less in plain sight. I mean, "who controls the world" may sound like a segue to some weird conspiracy theory, but when the immediate answer is "Oil companies", then what? There's absolutely no need for any world-spanning conspiracy when we have the age-old practices of oligopoly and market manipulation. And no need for any hiding, either, you can do it in plain sight. Nobody cares anyway. It doesn't take a conspiracy to keep third world countries poor (in order to keep labour costs low), all it needs is denying development loans (instead giving them to each other and patting themselves on the back), supporting backwards governments, and refusing to sell them any new technology at any price under "exorbitant". Nothing illegal about it. Never mind the poverty, famine, social injustices this helps perpetuate, the goal here is to profit, usually at the expense of others. Is that a conspiracy? No. it's called "good business practice". And people don't care about any of it because they're too busy blogging about shoes.
^ This.

Couldn't have said it any better.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry i was too bored to read all the shizl that's been written but if you want to get awareness, then i suggest you watch the documentary Zeitgeist.

Although i don't think every detail might be 100% accurate i still do believe it as a whole is pretty damn accurate. And it makes you think, critically think, which i think is something many have forgotten to do these days.

Anyways the movie is free to watch and was not made for any other reason than to make people a little bit more aware i guess.
Go to http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/, the first movie zeitgeist is the one to the right, the one to the left is a second movie that was released like a month ago or so called zeitgeist addendum, a sequel if you will.

Edit: Oh and sorry for posting a link (if it's against forum rules or anything), just thought it'd be easier for peeps to find it ;P

Edit2: Oh and another thing, i really think all these conspiracy theorists really are annoying cuz most of their ideas about whatever are sooo farfetched it's insane xD. That's why i liked this movie cuz it's not a conspiracy theory per-say (well maybe the 9/11 part is a little bit), but it just states some clear facts on how everything is governed, and so forth. (don't want to give too much away so just watch it yourselves ;P)

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The evidence is in plain sight that Government policy is tailored towards the prosperity of a few wealthy and influential families/ companies and countries.

Iraq was invaded to control the middle East, an established American base in the perfect position to invade Iran and seize complete control of oil. The promise of cheap fuel silenced many and made them support the war. The false claims of weapons of mass destruction and Sadams support of Bin Laden silenced the rest long enough to invade. Now we have millions dead, Iraq in collapse and the price of fuel at a record high. People dont even know at the age of 18 Sadam was a paid CIA agent and assassin, whos bloody rise to the top was supported by western governments.

Afghanistan was invaded to control the opium trade, with an increase in opium production of 400% since the Taliban were overthrown. We are still expected to believe that Bin Laden, another long time CIA agent, who helped found Al Qaeda in the 80's with American backing and dollars to fight the Russians, is still running around the mountains in Afghanistan. A man who ten years ago was dying of kidney failure and needed dialysis four times a week just to stay alive, is living still in a cave and cant be tracked down, even though a satellite or unmanned drone can read the small print on a newspaper through the window of a house. But why control opium? Since the dawn of the war on drugs the number of drug related incarcerations in America has sky rocketed, With the highest number of prisoners in the world some 70% of these are in due to drug related crimes. The prison industry is huge and influential, a billion dollar business fed through the slave labour of inmates working prison industries. A drugged out poor public is a public you can control.

Education, recent studies have shown the average intelligence of students has dropped to an all time low now. A generation too ignorant and selfish to care whats going on around them, and too stupid to articulate any sort of opposition to the abuse of power and loss of their liberties are no threat to anyone. The dumbing down of the general public is a tool of control, Im amazed at how ignorant some people are around me these days.

The engineered economic collapse. The recent problems with the economy didnt come out of the blue, they were inevitable. We had massive banks giving mortgages to people who could never afford to pay them back, and then these banks got huge loans off each other secured on those mortgages. This is debt secured on debt, the bubble was bound to burst. Economists could see this coming a mile off and warned us it was coming, no one did a thing to stop it. The bailouts are a fraud, they could never solve a broken economy. The private federal reserve issued billions of dollars to the banks, this money is printed out of thin air. All it does is devalue currencies so things seem more expensive, when in fact your money is worth less. The banks were supposed to lend the money out to kick start the economy, this didnt happen. Instead they paid themselves massive bonuses and used the money to buy real assets for themselves, companies, gold, oil etc things that hold value when your dollar isnt worth the paper its printed on.

These things are all done to get power and destroy the middle classes, the rich get richer the poor poorer. When you have to decide whether to eat, pay bills or put gas in your car, and the people your buying from and paying the bills to are earning more then everyone in your street, you have got to know something is very very wrong.

Its called Neo-feudalism guys, look it up.

Ends epic rant
yaypsp.gif

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
blink.gif

My Goodness. Never before have I seen such a coherent block of text which I am in absolute agreement in.
yaynds.gif

My absolute support, p1ngpong.
smile.gif
One hundred percent "Seconded".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1