Spooky Stories

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 36 years old and have never seen anything I would call unexplained. I have been spooked a couple of times but never really had an experience where I have seen or heard anything extraordinary.

I was hoping that if any tempers have had any spooky experiences they could recount them in detail here. Please ensure that any posts are real life events and not made up.

I had this same thing go around at work with some really interesting stories come out. I am always fascinated by peoples’ encounters with UFOs, ghosts or other unexplained phenomenon.

Look forwarded to hearing your stories.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I once had a dream that I am going through someone else's everyday life during night, scary thing I could entirely remember that dream and it didn't have any "stops"

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a UFO once.

It was about 9:30 pm and I was looking at a star that was kinda funny looking. It was still, kinda big, and green. I went back into the house, and 15 minutes later, it was gone.

Strange... but, yeah.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine, pretty girl named Amelia, walking home from the movies. She was attacked in an underpass by a group of what police reports tend to refer to as 'youths'. They wanted her to do a few things and weren't taking no for an answer. Pinned her to the wall and...you get the idea.

I was on my way home from my brother's place and by sheer coincidence was going under said underpass. I came to her rescue and did my best to fight off her attackers while she ran to get help. Regretably I am only one man and cannot stand up to five angry guys who are all bigger than me and expect to escape unharmed. One of them stabbed me in the chest then they realised what they'd done and ran. A few minutes later Amelia returned with the police and an ambulance.

I'm told that while being operated on in the hospital I technically died for about two or three minutes until they finally revived me. My memories are obviously hazy, but I do recall a voice. Maybe it was Amelia getting hysterical, maybe it was something a little more ethereal, but I remember it being soothing, a calming voice that made me feel safe, so I'm inclined to believe the latter. Strange but true.

Incidentally, no. There is no tunnel of light. But you do see memories as you die, especially of those close to you. Your mind fighting to hold on a few moments longer by reminding you of all you have to live for, I suppose. My trip down memory lane was quite nice. I saw all my friends smiling.

Ever since then my chest hurts on cold days, and Amelia refuses to let me out of her sight. The kids were eventually caught and arrested, by the way. The one who actually stabbed me is serving time, will be for a few more years, and it's been made known that if he ever shows his face within a hundred miles of anyone I've ever met, he'll have his throat cut. The ones who were trying to do things to my friend were also charged, two of them went to prison too. The other two were simply onlookers, they didn't actually lay a finger on either of us. They were eventually let go, and to their credit have shown great remorse for their actions. Last I heard they were doing quite well, making something of their lives.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly, I'm only 13 and don't have anything to tell, but I still have a (hopefully) long life ahead, either way the story above by Blaze163 was freakin epic, loved it =)

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Once I saw a "ghost".

When I was sleeping I heard the door bell ring. I was a bit freaked as it was 1~2am. I thought it was my mind playing tricks. So I try to go back to sleep. However, a few minutes later I heard it again. It was strange how no one else heard it but I thought that they were all too asleep to hear it. So I get up and begin to walk down the stairs. Now my stairs face the front door (which has a small window) so instead of opening the front door, I decide to look through the window from the stairs. I didn't see anyone there. All I saw was a dark cloud (which is why I've put quotation marks on the word ghost). Then the door bell rang again. I bolted upstairs into my parents room. Didn't hear anything the rest of the night. Slept like a baby in fact. And to this day nothing strange like this has happened

No way beats Blaze's post. But thats mine!

ibrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well its not really me that had an encounter. it was more of my dad and how he lived his childhood in a haunted house where in one room if you were to sleep on the bed you would fell like someone was sleeping on top of you. As well as there was this woman(ghost) that came out at night asking for her kids that died before they got baptized,and last but not least out side they would see fire balls mainly small ones coming out of no where, and they were told it was from witches. All this in one house in mexico

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Come to think of it, I have a story, about my mum though: When she was about 20, her and a friend were messing around with an Ouija board
File:English_ouija_board.jpg
and my mum live in an apartment by her self, so she went home that night and she was in bed when she heard noises so she had a look and chairs were getting moved,door was slamming open and closed, window opening and closing, she never touched an Ouija board after that.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn blaze hell of a story

i never experienced anything supernatural or unknown phenomena, but i am fascinated and would like to go to a haunted place and experiment with stuff.

my parents claim we lived in a haunted house, they were asking questions and the water would drip once for yes and twice for no. they also lined the stairs with ice cubes because it stopped the "rickets" from coming down...also stabbing the couch at the same time, because they lived in there as well.

they were drug addicts in the 80's so i don't trust their story. rickets were made up bugs btw

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well I haven't personnaly as far as I can remember. But someone who I know has.

My teacher in primary school went to a fortune-teller. The fortune-teller predicted she'd have 3 kids, would be involved in an accident, marry a guy who is black and would die when she was at still a young age.

It all happened.

She married a guy who was black, she had 3 kids, was involved in a car accident, and died who she was 59 or something.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This didn't happen to me, but my dad when he was going to University.

He was driving his drunk friend home on a dark road with no lights, and suddenly a white figure appeared on the road ahead. He described it to me as having a head and arms, but no legs. Like.. the bottom half of its body just faded away. And as he came nearer to it, it just ran aside and disappeared.

It was very late and Dad was apparently really tired that night so he has no idea if what he saw was real or not, and since his friend was so damn drunk, he didn't even notice anything.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Raiser said:
This didn't happen to me, but my dad when he was going to University.

He was driving his drunk friend home on a dark road with no lights, and suddenly a white figure appeared on the road ahead. He described it to me as having a head and arms, but no legs. Like.. the bottom half of its body just faded away. And as he came nearer to it, it just ran aside and disappeared.

It was very late and Dad was apparently really tired that night so he has no idea if what he saw was real or not, and since his friend was so damn drunk, he didn't even notice anything.
lol, I remember seeing a video like that on youtube, but it was a bit different this guy is driving with a bunch of mates sees something white run across the road and freaks, smashed his car, and when they looked back the "ghost" was gone.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Every midnight or so, we hear dishes being washed. This went on for weeks and months.

Turned out that the neighbors wash their dishes at midnight

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I used to live in a house were several people were murdered and several suicides happened.
For 9 years I couldn't sleep without something happening to me. I used to wake up with scratches on me, I used to wake up to people standing over me, in my door way. Hell even during the day you could hear a little girl scream from the basement even though no one was there. Life sucked in that house and I still suffer from horrible nightmares and still have scars from how deep some of the scratches were.

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
I used to dream about anything when i was little and it was very fun, but one dream changed my life. I was on a cliff edge and someone pushed me off it, when i awoke i fell onto my bed (Not off it. Onto it) The next night and the rest, I never dreamed again. Even today i wish i could dream but something must have happened to me, something to make me not dream anymore.

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
my parents claim we lived in a haunted house, they were asking questions and the water would drip once for yes and twice for no. they also lined the stairs with ice cubes because it stopped the "rickets" from coming down...also stabbing the couch at the same time, because they lived in there as well.

they were drug addicts in the 80's so i don't trust their story. rickets were made up bugs btw
This made me laugh, I remember the 80's
Bloody bats.... (fear and loathing in Las Vegas)

A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
I used to live in a house were several people were murdered and several suicides happened.
For 9 years I couldn't sleep without something happening to me. I used to wake up with scratches on me, I used to wake up to people standing over me, in my door way. Hell even during the day you could hear a little girl scream from the basement even though no one was there. Life sucked in that house and I still suffer from horrible nightmares and still have scars from how deep some of the scratches were.
Catboy, your freaking me out mate. I really hope this isn't true. Its a story worthy of Stephen King.

QUOTE(Lumnous @ Sep 17 2010, 05:55 PM)
I used to dream about anything when i was little and it was very fun, but one dream changed my life. I was on a cliff edge and someone pushed me off it, when i awoke i fell onto my bed (Not off it. Onto it) The next night and the rest, I never dreamed again. Even today i wish i could dream but something must have happened to me, something to make me not dream anymore.
Lumnous, I love that one. That's well trippy. I know I have had those sudden jolts like an electric shock but to physically fall onto your bed is pretty cool. What were you doing? Levitating like in the exorcist or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.