Hacking Spoofing an amiibo using Android+NFC?

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If iPhone can do "tap pay" then they have an NFC chip.. right? But you would need complete system access to effectively run a custom app or code on it. iPhone being proprietary makes them kinda awful for use in this case. But then again I dont own an iPhone.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol I dont have a means of recording anything at the moment, but this video has a pretty good visual cover of whats going on

Talk about "Mr Obvious" I mean come on he didn't actually think or anyone else for that matter you would be able to scan it in the box???. What a tit! Its quite obvious it would have a sheet of ali in the box to stop it from being scanned, its the same as when you lace your bag with ali tin foil, put the goods in the bag it stops the alarms from going off, same method!!!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Talk about "Mr Obvious" I mean come on he didn't actually think or anyone else for that matter you would be able to scan it in the box???. What a tit! Its quite obvious it would have a sheet of ali in the box to stop it from being scanned, its the same as when you lace your bag with ali tin foil, put the goods in the bag it stops the alarms from going off, same method!!!
I don't think that actually works.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Fpsrussia117 some guy on blogspot has already tried this and his simulated amiibo didnt work, it kept comming up with a message this is not an amiibo thing or something, the blog was in german so i didnt quite understand it well enough to say its impossible, ill try to find the link again, now im at home.

should have booked marked it with xmarks

EDIT:
I don't think that actually works.

it doesnt work, because when i was 14 i did my fair share or liberating from tescos when mp3 player were expensive still, and the only way to stop the secruity radios from triggering the alarms was to cut around it or remove part of the packaging.

Zanoab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so that strip keeps us from using them in the package?

why not remove the strip from the underside with a boxcutter, and keep the rest of the package intact? :P

that way you dont have to tear the carton apart.

In the US, a boxcutter is considered weapon so if you get caught, you will get arrested on the spot. Unless of course you want to try explaining that you had it out to pirate RFID tags which would just get added to the list of charges.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Just gonna wait for MasterofBlunt to reply since he's the one who's actually leading this and knows what he's talking about, instead of some ramblings on a blog.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the US, a boxcutter is considered weapon so if you get caught, you will get arrested on the spot. Unless of course you want to try explaining that you had it out to pirate RFID tags which would just get added to the list of charges.

Much as I disapprove of shoplifting and other forms of fucking over stores by ruining their products, store security can't "arrest you on the spot". They can't even technically do anything to you but make you leave or ask you to wait for them to get the real cops. If they do actually try to physically apprehend you, they'll probably get fired for violating store safety procedures.

But still don't do this shit. You only make it worse for the rest of us when they have to raise prices to make up for the merch that you screwed them over with.

Reactions: flarn2006

syntaxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would like to contribute to this project as Android developer (2 years of working experience).
PM me and we can start something.

O'Shily

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there,

I'm quite new here. But I wanna help. I'm from France, I'll have very soon 3 amiibo's : Kirby, Link & Pikachu. I got my GS4 on september so its quite new and I will root it myself if required. I wanna be a part of beta tester if needed.

Thanks xxx

Zananok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm just going to state this for the sake of ending speculations. You can backup amiibos, took me like 30-50 mins to make an app for android (specifically my galaxy note 2) to backup a friend's amiibos, select which backed up amiibo to load, and clone it at will on any topaz 512 nfc tag. Yes, I did have to take it out of the box for cloning. Few things I would like to improve on to save myself some tags and other cool stuff I want it to do, but it works pretty much as i intended.

*Not going to be released*
If someone actually knows anything about nfc and finds out how to clone too, I would appreciate a pm with Samus' codes, 'cause all stores me and my girlfriend been, Samus was gone; and I managed in some cases to generate a new ID, so I won't use yours, not that probably has anything to do with anything (other than becoming unique per console). I don't mind trading Link's and Kirby's code with a unique ID. And yes, we will buy 1 Samus figure, just would like to use it now and keep Samus' amiibo in the box. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Zananok

Master0fBlunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 12391

Hey master of blunt(and only you since you're the lead dev behind this app), I assume iphone can't get in on this because their lack of an NFC?

Probably, but im focusing ultimately on droid til i feel comfortable and learn more, then perhaps ill work on a workaround or external device. Let this be a message to all, any kind of usable beta is not in the near future so dont get too excited. But honestly im completely ignorant of Apple, in fact i avoid them like AIDS, no offence. Just so much bs and special this and that with them. Its like the sole purpose of an iphone is to make you wana choke a b****, lol.

Master0fBlunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to state this for the sake of ending speculations. You can backup amiibos, took me like 30-50 mins to make an app for android (specifically my galaxy note 2) to backup a friend's amiibos, select which backed up amiibo to load, and clone it at will on any topaz 512 nfc tag. Yes, I did have to take it out of the box for cloning. Few things I would like to improve on to save myself some tags and other cool stuff I want it to do, but it works pretty much as i intended.

*Not going to be released*
If someone actually knows anything about nfc and finds out how to clone too, I would appreciate a pm with Samus' codes, 'cause all stores me and my girlfriend been, Samus was gone; and I managed in some cases to generate a new ID, so I won't use yours, not that probably has anything to do with anything (other than becoming unique per console). I don't mind trading Link's and Kirby's code with a unique ID. And yes, we will buy 1 Samus figure, just would like to use it now and keep Samus' amiibo in the box. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Zananok

:facepalm:

Way to be a team playa, brah.... =/

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i found the app for my S4 that allows reading, writing, and supposedly cloning of the tags. It says it can clone tags but I have no way to test since I don't have blank tags. I want this more to have all of my Pokemon figures in one place. Zananok, can your app just transmit the data without having to clone a tag? That would be ideal instead of carrying a bunch of tags around. For me the whole point would be to just have like a catalog of my characters to choose the one I want from and load it into the game. Then be able to write the data back to my catalog if it has been upgraded.

Edit: and yes I will eventually buy every one of them. I always said that if they ever took the skylanders approach with pokemon I would be screwed. I would definitely want them all. OCD is a bitch when it comes to pokemon, heh.

Master0fBlunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i found the app for my S4 that allows reading, writing, and supposedly cloning of the tags. It says it can clone tags but I have no way to test since I don't have blank tags. I want this more to have all of my Pokemon figures in one place. Zananok, can your app just transmit the data without having to clone a tag? That would be ideal instead of carrying a bunch of tags around. For me the whole point would be to just have like a catalog of my characters to choose the one I want from and load it into the game. Then be able to write the data back to my catalog if it has been upgraded.

Edit: and yes I will eventually buy every one of them. I always said that if they ever took the skylanders approach with pokemon I would be screwed. I would definitely want them all. OCD is a bitch when it comes to pokemon, heh.
Havent got that far yet but thats the goal. Im starting with "stock" miibo exploitation, perfecting the WiiU "writing" however... Many beers and sleepless nights ahead...

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is anything I can do to help, just say so. I can't do much with coding but I'm more than willing to test stuff for you. I have a few extra pokemon that are duplicates that I can use for "testing" too. This is exciting!

Kurth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to help out this 'project' if I may; while I haven't any official programming knowledge, I do know a fair amount about all things Android. Out of the 8+ devices I own, there's not a single one that hasn't been rooted and modified with custom Roms or xposed modules.
At the very least I have plenty of devices (and amiibo) to test with so let me know if I can help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol