[SPOILERS AHEAD] Zelda TotK Help thread

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any particular order we should do the anomolys in? i just finished the rito portion and trying to decide what region to go to next

ShinLarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im at the deku tree and i keep dying. Where can i find better armor? i already got the 5th sage btw
Post automatically merged:

any particular order we should do the anomolys in? i just finished the rito portion and trying to decide what region to go to next
death mountain

Sparkynuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already 20h in game. Any help with this one locked Tower? One guy stand here Talking about mushroms and nearby Cave. I been in Cave below Tower. Nothing. Im stuck with this Tower
go into the cave under the hill the tower is on, there will be a small room with a big rock you can move with UH. go in the room the rock was hiding and use Ascend in the middle of that room

sniff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
has anyone looked into extracting data from the xci dump?
like botw, pre-rendered cutscenes are all stored in standard data formats (this time, webm/vp9)

i have also tried ripping the soundtrack and have gotten 90% of the way there:

dumping the cartridge reveals bars.zs files, which can be extracted into .bars files with zstd.
the bars files are a known format from previous games, so they can be converted into the .bwav files they contain.
vgmstream can play .bwav files, but in this case, any .bwav file, regardless of size, plays/extracts exactly 14336 samples (0.299 seconds) and then ends.

is there anyone or anywhere (discord or similar) that would know (or be able to discern) the inner workings of the music and other data in the dump?

Shivyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you open the tunnel at lookout landing? the one that leads to the soldier set.

and where in the underground do i find the set that resists gloom?

How do you open the tunnel at lookout landing? the one that leads to the soldier set.

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you have to beat a anomoly dungeon the n the hole in the wall in the vault opens . have lots of bombs with you and blow up all the walls and you will find the soldier set in chests along the paths. but some walls take multiple bombs to blow up. the gloom set you get by finding the bargaining statues you give poes to
you can pay the bargianer staute in look out landing to tell you where the others are

Reactions: Shivyro

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions:

What is the Zonai fabric for? I got two of the things and have no idea what to do with them.

Where do I break the wall in the Great Plateau to save that statue that is submerged? I spent like half an hour spamming bomb arrows everywhere and gave up.

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so theres the errie voice quest at one of the stables i think the voice is coming from the near by well but when i go down there there's a girl who just says something bout a song and a storm chased fox and i cant figure out what to do now

Shivyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to beat a anomoly dungeon the n the hole in the wall in the vault opens . have lots of bombs with you and blow up all the walls and you will find the soldier set in chests along the paths. but some walls take multiple bombs to blow up. the gloom set you get by finding the bargaining statues you give poes to
you can pay the bargianer staute in look out landing to tell you where the others are
whats anomoly dungeon? is that just one of the dungeons? and i saw a streamer use the cannon part fused on a spear to make quick work of the rocks.
tyvm!

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
go into the cave under the hill the tower is on, there will be a small room with a big rock you can move with UH. go in the room the rock was hiding and use Ascend in the middle of that room
Can you read? I've already finished it. I'm just finishing the water temple. Man. People still quote my old post. Its really annoying

holypepsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me I'm looking for the Zonaite body and I've unlocked the Zonaite Forge Island and beaten the Shrine but still haven't found the body. Can someone explain where it is on the Island?

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats anomoly dungeon? is that just one of the dungeons? and i saw a streamer use the cannon part fused on a spear to make quick work of the rocks.
tyvm!
any of the regions purah sends you to leads to a dungeon. i did the rito one first

ok so theres the errie voice quest at one of the stables i think the voice is coming from the near by well but when i go down there there's a girl who just says something bout a song and a storm chased fox and i cant figure out what to do now

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Two questions:

What is the Zonai fabric for? I got two of the things and have no idea what to do with them.

Where do I break the wall in the Great Plateau to save that statue that is submerged? I spent like half an hour spamming bomb arrows everywhere and gave up.
1.- Take fabrics to the guy in Hateno who change colors of clothes and you can change Paraglider styles as well
2.-Get doen to great plateau next to that water body right in the intersection of the 3 roads, in front there will be a group of rocks to break

Abstract3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just curious i might be missing something, but is there a way to boost your defense? Something about this Game seems off, getting hit by most enemies I run into will kill me in 1 hit, and many times it takes breaking 2 weapons just to kill them to get 1 weapon part to fuse in return.

The difficulty seems to go up and down most notably on the world map, I have 10 heart containers but weather it be 3 or 10 smacked once and dead. It just seems screwy where sometimes the difficulty seems to return to normal where enemies will only take 1~3 hearts. I'm not seeing whats changing to cause the difficulty to go up and down, and not sure if there is anything I can be doing to massively boost my Defense stats.

Reactions: scroeffie1984

Shivyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious i might be missing something, but is there a way to boost your defense? Something about this Game seems off, getting hit by most enemies I run into will kill me in 1 hit, and many times it takes breaking 2 weapons just to kill them to get 1 weapon part to fuse in return.

The difficulty seems to go up and down most notably on the world map, I have 10 heart containers but weather it be 3 or 10 smacked once and dead. It just seems screwy where sometimes the difficulty seems to return to normal where enemies will only take 1~3 hearts. I'm not seeing whats changing to cause the difficulty to go up and down, and not sure if there is anything I can be doing to massively boost my Defense stats.
getting armor and visiting the great faeries to upgrade it will increase your defense. there is also def up food you can make. also fuse your weapons more to keep them as high dmg as you can.

Reactions: Abstract3000

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

head to the rito village. along the way is a newspaper place talk to the girl in there. then head to woodland stable and help the musicians find the other musicians. the musicians get brought to great fariy buds by the stable and the fairys upgrade your armor if you have the money and materials

Reactions: Abstract3000

Abstract3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
getting armor and visiting the great faeries to upgrade it will increase your defense. there is also def up food you can make. also fuse your weapons more to keep them as high dmg as you can.
I found 2 fairies but when i gave the drummer the Honey he disappeared and not at the woodland stable, the violin player is there but she is worried about a newspaper so I assume there is allot more quests to get to that point...

Do you understand the shifting of difficulties? What's Triggering it? I have been fusing my weapons but as I stated you kill 1 black moblin with a 31 Damage weapon you break 2 weapons to get that 1 black moblin horn, kind of a waste, so I try to avoid battles much of the time which is sad.... I hated the broken weapon system from botw and it seems they carried it over, I always like the part strategy part hack slash of Zelda but it appears the Series is going a different direction towards dark souls or something...

head to the rito village. along the way is a newspaper place talk to the girl in there. then head to woodland stable and help the musicians find the other musicians. the musicians get brought to great fariy buds by the stable and the fairys upgrade your armor if you have the money and materials
Speaking of; Rupees have become non existent vs previous titles, Is there a way besides preying to the Ore gods for luck to get rupees in this Installment? Like a quicker method or is it praying for ruby's, sapphires and diamonds to sell? I have beaten the Fire and Water Temple, does the game ever change in the amount of Rupees that is distributes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: make 'em , they're not hard to do +1