Misc Splatoon Private Battle Question (quasi or pseudo LAN? )

Coolhaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this in but I had a question about how the Splatoon private battles work and specifically, if anyone has looked into the technical side of how they work.

I'm thinking in particular about Local multiplayer. NoA made a statement on their tumblr (http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/125370730972/in-private-battle-you-wont-earn-points-and-your#notes) briefly hinting at some sort of LAN-like connectivity, but they left out specifics.

I want to know why the network needs Internet connectivity. Is the outgoing data to Nintendo network just like 'hey, there is a Private game being played on this Local Network' with one of the local Wii U's hosting the Splatoon server, or is the router just sending all the 8 players' movements to the Nintendo servers at the same time, with the Nintendo servers themselves doing all the work?

Has anyone On this forum had a chance to look at this? Thank you!

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You still have to login with your nnid before you can play multiplayer, so thats the reason you need internet on your router.
I don't think you can bypass this check without writing your own server and hacking the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth