Hacking Splatoon Modding Hub

Has this guide allowed you to successfully install Octohax?

• Yes

• No (If you choose this, please post errors, your process, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Espozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I did this I had to hex-edit the pack
How did you know the format? I mean, I'm assuming "packing" is just the name some sort of decryption thing. (Oddly enough, the filefolder containing the .param files is smaller than the original Static.pack so they weren't worried about data size.) I don't get it though, if you can unpack the file, why is it seemingly much more difficult to pack it? Wouldn't it just be the same procedure in "reverse"?

Edit: I saw that a new comment came in while I was typing. I don't know what byaml means, but all I did was change this:

"mMoveSpeed"

to this:

"mMoveSpeed"

I really want to know why there's a 5 at the end of a huge number like that... Man, thinking again, does anyone just have a hacked Static.pack that they have tested to show it works?

Last edited by Espozo,

Pyrochrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still can't get Splathax to work....i set a static ip for both my computer and my wii u, and that didn't help. Does anyone know if your internet router has anything to do with this?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still can't get Splathax to work....i set a static ip for both my computer and my wii u, and that didn't help. Does anyone know if your internet router has anything to do with this?
What are the steps you're trying to take? What I did was:
1. Run the TCPGecko installer in loadiine.ovh to grab the IP. Copy it down somewhere.
2. Run TCPGecko
3. Launch Splatoon and go through the news.
4. Stay in the Plaza then launch Splathax on the PC.
5. Enter in the Gecko IP you copied earlier.
6. It should say connected and then load your gear. If it doesn't then delete the IP in the box and then click Connect while its blank so Splathax can attempt to connect automatically.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if it's safe to edit the abilities on the Splatfest tee and use it online?

Last edited by 7Robins,
Reactions: Duckling

Duckling

Sorry for being dumb ;(
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
What are the steps you're trying to take? What I did was:
1. Run the TCPGecko installer in loadiine.ovh to grab the IP. Copy it down somewhere.
2. Run TCPGecko
3. Launch Splatoon and go through the news.
4. Stay in the Plaza then launch Splathax on the PC.
5. Enter in the Gecko IP you copied earlier.
6. It should say connected and then load your gear. If it doesn't then delete the IP in the box and then click Connect while its blank so Splathax can attempt to connect automatically.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if it's safe to edit the abilities on the Splatfest tee and use it online?
You could try running a backup of splatoon on Loadiine so that you deny online access allowing you to (hopefully) do modifications safely.

---
(Nothing to do with my reply)
I am still permanently banned from splatoon sadly so I won't be able to attend splatfest.

Espozo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duckling said:
I am still permanently banned from splatoon sadly so I won't be able to attend splatfest.
I'm assuming Nintendo is pretty good at banning people for hacking this game?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try running a backup of splatoon on Loadiine so that you deny online access allowing you to (hopefully) do modifications safely.

---
The modifying process isn't what's unsafe, whether or not Nintendo will know and ban me is what's uncertain, since they take back the tees. I think I'll just not edit it to stay on the safe side.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

---
I feel you tbh

I WISH A MAGICAL UNBAN COULD COME AND LET ME PLAY ATLEAST THIS LAST SPLATFEST :C

Wobba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to thank everyone in this thread. It's a great resource. I'm a bit late to the game, but I wanted to share my gear editor. Wanted to use it as a chance to learn Python, since I hadn't dabbled in the language before. Compiled it using pyinstaller, so the binary should work on windows. source files includes in the zip so you should (in theory) be able to build it on other OSes. Would probably need to remove some of the windoze specific code for taskbar icons in geareditor2.py. Anyways, hope it's of some use to someone and thanks for all the hard work you guys have done making info available.
https://mega.nz/#!XRUzUI7B!ufTm4sFdmq5FjGVBgXip4Gs55uRMzCmEmb5BKKLFKlo

Reactions: Yahya14

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....