ROM Hack [Spider] ARCode

Strainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey,

just wanted to report that I got it working yesterday, using a fresh EmuNAND with nothing installed yet and the exploit worked straight away (was using Firmware 7.1 on that NAND Backup).

Unfortunately, I was less lucky finding the values I would have liked to change in Nintendo Pocket Football Club, as there are way too many changes between my 2 RAM-backups as that I could have found the value of Training Cards I would have liked to change.

I also had no luck on modifying the values in a decrypted savegame, as there seems to be some crc-check I couldn't get past yet.

If I find the time this Weekend I will test a Little further using a fresh savegame, hopefully I can get at least something done now that memdump works.

Thanks for all your support.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working now, now to find out what to use to edit the FCRAM.bin (I'm guessing I need a hex editor) But I hope someone posts stuff up for Majoras Mask & Persona Q (US) [as these r 2 I would like to replay with cheats]

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe for help the cheat searching, someone can try to use ArtMoney or Cheat Engine like in NTR-CFW; for example: pick up a money, make dump, take second money, make dump, take third money and make dump, then open ArtMoney, load first dump (.bin) and search 1, open the second and search 2 and then open the third dump and search 3... maybe can work

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheat Engine works pretty well opening the Files one after another with the Tools Search options.

Select Process to open > Open file > FCRAM.BIN (fist file) > Search > Select Process to open > Open file > FCRAM.BIN (2nd file) > Search again... > repeat steps until you found your Value.

Reactions: tyons and jernk

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cheat Engine works pretty well opening the Files one after another with the Tools Search options.

Select Process to open > Open file > FCRAM.BIN (fist file) > Search > Select Process to open > Open file > FCRAM.BIN (fist file) > Search again... > repeat steps until you found your Value.

Always same FCRAM.bin?? With memdump.bin its stored every dump in one FCRAM.bin? I think you need more than one dump to search more times, and memdump.bin dump only one FCRAM at time

pongozila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys I messed around a bit with Rune Factory 4, as did Jernk, and I found two new codes, and added them in a simplified version of Jernk's code + mine
So here it is a smaller, yet perfectly working version of our codes together:

Money + PP + Wood + Stone

03A16078 0001869F
039E0274 3B9AC9FF
039e0278 0000c350
039e027c 0000c350

(Stone and wood are 50000 because that's the game max... setting the value to more will make the game reset the value to 50000)

EDIT: Thaks to Jernk for helping out! =D

Reactions: jernk

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so I tried it myself with Pokemon Shuffle and of course I am stuck now lol.
I got the address of my money value (I tried with 2 different values and the address was the same). Its 03599524.
So what do I do next? I want to set my money value higher (lets just say to 50k)

I also tried to find out the address of the hearts in the game, but searching for values 5,4 and 3 seems a bigger task than I imagined lol)

Edit: So if I use Cheat Engine 6.0 as was described earlier it keeps the previously searched values and narrows the addresses down automatically?

Edit No2: And I found out that we can change the items with the ACNL-Code (Maybe this was obvious to everyone else but not to me lol)

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I tried it myself with Pokemon Shuffle and of course I am stuck now lol.
I got the address of my money value (I tried with 2 different values and the address was the same). Its 03599524.
So what do I do next? I want to set my money value higher (lets just say to 50k)

I also tried to find out the address of the hearts in the game, but searching for values 5,4 and 3 seems a bigger task than I imagined lol)

Edit: So if I use Cheat Engine 6.0 as was described earlier it keeps the previously searched values and narrows the addresses down automatically?

Edit No2: And I found out that we can change the items with the ACNL-Code (Maybe this was obvious to everyone else but not to me lol)
I haven't tried yet, but take the value at that address in hex and use a hex calculator to see if it's the right address (the value should convert to equal amount of money you have). If it's correct, you can go ahead and convert how much money you want to hex (ex 50000) and replace the old value!

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks Samiam!
Sadly my code didnt work :-(
I tried "03599524 00002710" (10k coins) but nothing. I also tried to open the shop and win a game to renew the money value but that didn't work either

Reactions: samiam144

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Offsets are based on the FCRAM dump offsets. ARCode will automatically add 0x14000000 to them.

Does it means that, ARCode only works for codes found in the 0x14000000 - 0x17xxxxxx range, but not for codes found in the 0x00100000 - 0x0xxxxxxx or 0x08000000 - 0x09xxxxxx range?

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it means that, ARCode only works for codes found in the 0x14000000 - 0x17xxxxxx range, but not for codes found in the 0x00100000 - 0x0xxxxxxx or 0x08000000 - 0x09xxxxxx range?

what would be in those ranges? since the main memory is in the 0x14000000 - 0x1C000000 range

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok I'm definitely going to try this but I have to make sure:
is there the risk of ruining a save? (I guess yes)
can this work in GW's classic mode? (I'm hopeful since it works in emunand)

thanks so much for this, KazoWAR!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte