Homebrew Speed up FTP?

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, sometimes I'm lazy to screw up the battery cover from my n3ds and take the microsd into my pc. Yesterday I tried the FTPbrony app on the hbc out. Little files did transferred fast but at some games or backups, it takes like 1 hour. On my ps3, I can speed up with this when I connect an LAN Cable between ps3 and pc on it. On the n3ds isn't it possible to add something like this. Is there another why to speed up the ftp process via wlan?

Last edited by Justin20020,

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, you can't just speed up the FTP transfer rate.
Removing the backcover is way faster then using FTP when you're transfering backups from the pc to your 3ds. ( Well.. you could always just use .tik files and download your backups from the eshop :P )

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the microSD transfer thing in settings, it is sorta faster, and safer, but taking your sd card out is still better

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Use the microSD transfer thing in settings, it is sorta faster, and safer, but taking your sd card out is still better
Hardly. Samba shares are incredibly flaky and do not resume transfers properly. If there's a network hiccup, you could end up with corrupted files, unlike with FTP. Not to mention that Windows likes to cap certain types of TCP traffic, so transfers are actually slower in some cases.

Last edited by Joom,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardly. Samba shares are incredibly flaky and do not resume transfers properly. If there's a network hiccup, you could end up with corrupted files, unlike with FTP. Not to mention that Windows likes to cap certain types of TCP traffic, so transfers are actually slower in some cases.
From my experiences with hb ftp and using the micro sd transfer applet, ftp has almost always had issues with moving large files. This may stem from winscp, but i have lost intrest in transfering stuff wirelessly

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the later builds of FTPd (or one of its forks)? You can get around ~1.5mb/s. It's not the greatest, but it's workable and probably the best we're going to get with its hardware.

Justin20020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll try a newer build of FTP and try out the micro sd management thing. If this doesn't work well with big files, I'll force to get with these tiks on games

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try a newer build of FTP and try out the micro sd management thing. If this doesn't work well with big files, I'll force to get with these tiks on games
The MicroSD Manager (or whatever it's called) is just a glorified SMB server, which has a lot more network overhead than FTP.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
From my experiences with hb ftp and using the micro sd transfer applet, ftp has almost always had issues with moving large files. This may stem from winscp, but i have lost intrest in transfering stuff wirelessly
FileZilla is your friend. WinSCP kinda implies what it's geared toward; SCP, the SSH transfer protocol. This is actually much more efficient than FTP, though, and I would love to see SSH come to the 3DS.

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER