djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
just done it on my PC, whilst my wii is connected to the wireless, and my partners laptop, both of us are downloading aswell, heres my result....
i got

did it on the wii, i got an average of 3.68 down, and 0.48 upload, ping 28 lol...like i said, the enemy and myself are downloading, so that will affect all the results...

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@scareyb: That was interesting. I was always curious how fast the WAN adapter on the Wii was. Mine's 4.16Mbps(507.81KBps) down, and 0.53Mbps(64.697KBps) up. Not bad I'll say.

Also, I didn't know leaving in a GC controller in the port, and going back to the Wii Menu will cause it to hang with the System Menu version appearing on the bottom right?

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
On my PC i get 7481Kb/s Down and 733kb/s Up.
On my Wii it's 2.09 Mbps Down and .22 Mbps up. It's nice that they have a Wii friendly version of the site though.

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't work on my Wii. I go to the exact web address, and the page doesn't load. I have a good connection, and most websites works other than ones with way too many pictures or animations, any idea why this wouldn't work?

ghaldos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My laptop gets 5megs down and 500k up over wifi and the wii gets 2.5 down 200k up.
It's pretty cool that they actually made something for the wii I'm glad to know my actual speed on it.

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On my PC (Virgin media 20Mb line.)

431678278.png

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
My PC has got a 6MB cable connection and the speeds are great for the type of connection I have... I have 10Mb down and 3Mb for up... Still the numbers are rounded up because I don't remember the exact number xD

Koekje

Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

This is what i have on my PC and on my Wii. Got a 24 mbit cable connection, usually it's around 29500 kb/s download instead of what's on the picture, but speedtest ain't showing that much. (My download app does, however)

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My PC directly connected to my modem is getting 30MBPS download and 4MBPS upload. My Wii however is only getting 3MBPS download and 0.5MBPS upload (Ninty USB WiFi Adapter).

Is there a cap on the speed that the Wii can connect to the internet at? If so is it a software limitation or a hardware limitation? If it is a software limitation do you think it will be hacked into opening up further or more likely that a homebrew internet browser will be ported?

(I asked this in the Wii Hacking area but my thread was closed and deemed not hacking related)

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinded of mad1! I have 1.97mbps Down and .17up with a ping of 110. I thought it was better. I have no problems playing Brawl online, and Ican even get a good connection with Cali folks. When playing DBZ BT3 online. I have a ethernet adapter.

Fred-Bear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried it and I get this .. The Wii Speed Test requires at least version 7 of Flash

I thought the Opera browser came with v7. Anybody else get this message?

omniHOAX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Midnightzak said:
My PC directly connected to my modem is getting 30MBPS download and 4MBPS upload. My Wii however is only getting 3MBPS download and 0.5MBPS upload (Ninty USB WiFi Adapter).

Is there a cap on the speed that the Wii can connect to the internet at? If so is it a software limitation or a hardware limitation? If it is a software limitation do you think it will be hacked into opening up further or more likely that a homebrew internet browser will be ported?

(I asked this in the Wii Hacking area but my thread was closed and deemed not hacking related)

The difference here is the type of connection. Your PC gets higher speeds because it is capable of 'talking' 100 mbps (connected with wire), wireless is limited to 54mbps. I don't know how those USB WiFi Adapter thingies work, but I'm 100% sure they won't go above 54mbps either...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, that's strange...it tells me to Update to Flash v7 on my Wii...what wrong with it
wacko.gif
? Why does it work for (nearly) all the rest here?

Btw: My Laptop (best situation, only one that uses it..I won't get any better result than this):

Damm, what's going on with the others here? They have 10 and more, and I got only 4..that's only because I don't live in the town...my buddy got the same one as I, and he has better speeds...(stupid Bluewin
mad.gif
). I'm jealous...they must be able to download a game in no time...
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality