Hacking (Speculation) ban wave probably in 3 weeks

Absintu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm thinking that there will be a huge ban wave on 15 september.
They are going to release the online service and that is the date that i think they will ban hard.
Is it just me? I would like to know your opinions on this

Reactions: Owenge

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why would they do ban waves on the Switch?

Because that's how Nintendo has always worked? If it's a small offense they will do it in waves. You only get instantly banned if you cheat online OR if you use stuff like FreeshopNX to access the CDN and download shit for free. Other than that it's done in waves, it's always been done in waves and there has been no reason to change that

From what I've read on here they don't really do ban waves on the Switch. They just ban you pretty much instantly.
Depends on your offense. If it's cheating online or using stuff like FreeShopNX to access the CDN server then yeah count on an instant ban. Every other ban is done in waves. They gather data over a certain period of time then ban every flagged user in one fell swoop. I can only speculate why they do it his way though but honestly speculation is pointless, all we can do is wait and see

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Again, it depends on the offense. they only do insta bans if it's online cheating/hacking or using FreeShopNX. Other small offenses are done in waves
There was no ban wave for Switch yet (IIRC) and I am pretty sure that they had more than enough time for at least one.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've read on here they don't really do ban waves on the Switch. They just ban you pretty much instantly.
Seems like I'm in the clear then. I've never cheated online but I have used layeredfs to try out some games (Haven't been banned). The only thing im concerned about now is my 3ds with their new antipiracy system. Both have the same account.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seems like I'm in the clear then. I've never cheated online but I have used layeredfs to try out some games (Haven't been banned). The only thing im concerned about now is my 3ds with their new antipiracy system. Both have the same account.

The same ACCOUNT or the same E-MAIL? Because i'm pretty sure the accounts on the 3ds and the Switch are two different things, one being Nintendo ID the other being Nintendo Account

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The same ACCOUNT or the same E-MAIL? Because i'm pretty sure the accounts on the 3ds and the Switch are two different things, one being Nintendo ID the other being Nintendo Account
Nintendo account and Nintendo ID can be linked to each other in your My Nintendo settings > User info > Linked accounts. Not sure how effective unlinking them now is, but I'm also not sure what the benefit/purpose of doing this is either.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendo account and Nintendo ID can be linked to each other in your My Nintendo settings > User info > Linked accounts. Not sure how effective unlinking them now is, but I'm also not sure what the benefit/purpose of doing this is either.

Linking you mean? Mostly to share funds/reward points. For example you can buy a pre paid card and use it on the Nintendo ID account and if both are linked, both systems can use those funds, i've done it myself. I think they can also share those discount points but i'm not 100% sure of that. As for unlinking them, not sure how effective it would be either

Reactions: RayD97

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was me behind the helm, I'd actually conduct the banwave sometime after the online is paid for. This way, you enact a false sense of security for the hackers who haven't been banned yet and are now willing to pay for online. Once they drop their $20, give them say a month or so and drop the banhammer on most but not all of them to keep the non-banned on their toes.

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You only get instantly banned if you cheat online OR if you use stuff like FreeshopNX to access the CDN and download shit for free. Other than that it's done in waves, it's always been done in waves and there has been no reason to change that

So then try to install a nsp game and play it online, you´ll see that they indeed will ban you kinda instantly.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So then try to install a nsp game and play it online, you´ll see that they indeed will ban you kinda instantly.

Not instantly, no. There have been reports of people doing that and not having been banned instantly. It will flag you instantly, sure but actually ban you? If you're unlucky XD

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was me behind the helm, I'd actually conduct the banwave sometime after the online is paid for. This way, you enact a false sense of security for the hackers who haven't been banned yet and are now willing to pay for online. Once they drop their $20, give them say a month or so and drop the banhammer on most but not all of them to keep the non-banned on their toes.

And so there will always be a small number of users that go on forums and say, “I have done X, Y and Z and been online for months and not been banned. Come on all you fellow pirates, nothing to fear, come out of the woodwork and strut your stuff in front of Nintendo. Everything will be just fine!”

Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: