Gaming spectral force genesis

Bleedingelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks. I just noticed this game on the dump list and I looked it up to see what it was. Turns out, this game looks to be some kind of large scale battle RTS/RPG, which is AWESOME. My question is: Have any of you actually played it? If so, is the game any good? Will I be crushed with disappointment?

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Haven't tried it yet..... But I've been waiting for this...... From looks of videos.... I'll say it will be pretty decent....

Don't just listen to opinions though.... try it yourself.... since some games are the ~love-it-or-hate-it~ types (like how I dun like TWEWY).....you ain't paying for it so no loss.

Bleedingelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try it as soon as I get a break at work, which might be never. I'm excited because there really aren't a lot of large scale world conquest games on the DS that aren't boring and turn based. The only other one that I can think of is Puzzle Quest (which is turn based but fun).

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah when i first tried it i was like Oh wow this reminds me of Gemfire(one of my favorite strategy games) then as I kept playing I was like damn this game sucks.

Narusuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like it personally, yea theres alot of mico managing but you get used to it. One of the reasons I really enjoy it is it reminds me of the Sega Saturn game Dragon Force.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narusuke said:
I really like it personally, yea theres alot of mico managing but you get used to it. One of the reasons I really enjoy it is it reminds me of the Sega Saturn game Dragon Force.
Too bad it wasn't actually anything near Dragon Force(I wish they made a sequel(that I could understand and on a newer system *cries*)

00falcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game kinda reminds me of risk so i guess it's another way of putting it but i prefer real time fighting style

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Just played it for one battle. I lost lol
tongue.gif
Yeah yeah I'm a noob

IMO This game has great concept and all. Its world map layout and system is simillar to that of "Nobunaga's Ambition", "Dynasty Warriors Empires" and "Romance of the Three Kingdoms". Those are good games through and through though DW:E is a hack and slash but there is strategy outside of combat, NA and RotK are incredible political strategy games.

It has the basic diplomacy, drafting, unit mangament, general finding and postion assigning. These are great but I don't quite understand why there was no free choice of move of diplomacy for me. Every month had a set diplomacy move, like April- "This month has battle(or something like that)". Do I have to unlock using all in a month somewhere later in a game?

Still brings back memories of those great political management games.

For combat, not going to boast my noobiness
tongue.gif
But it would have been great to be like DW:E instead. Oh well.

qwsed

Trophies
XP
Country
Im currently playing it and i own 1/3 of the map ^^. It is fun if you like these kinds of games. There are some lesser micro management but most of it is straight forward. There are some unit types (that you cant decide) that your different generals use. ex: one troop is called Foot Soldier and another Paladin.

There are 3 kinds of unit types: Mage, Defense, Attack (rock, paper, scissors). A vague economic system that you dont really have to care about other than in the beginning. You can scout for new generals or in some turns persuade other nations generals to join you.

There are a couple of different turns. In some turns you can draft soldiers, buy commercial stuff and get tax. You cant battle tho. When a turn comes there you can battle you can only do this once a turn so pick carefully. There is also a Loot option that allows you to raid your neighbours. Tho futile it can be fun.

There is no real story, you get some dialouge in the beginning with the nation you picked. And sometimes world events (i think) brings up a short dialouge. There is even some dialouge between your leader and another nations leader when you invade.

This game gets 5/10 for its simplicity. It is quite hard if you dont be careful
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw