Hacking Specific R4DS Firmware Help!

nakedmoniker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my problem:

I have an R4 card, i am almost positive it is a clone considering i can run a 4G SD card on it and on the cart itself it says exactly the following: R4, SDHC, Revolution for DS, NDSL/NDS. I am sure this is a common card but as it was handed down to me by a friend I am not sure where it came from exactly. I am currently running the original R4 1.18 firmware but am having the notorious problem of being unable to run specific games on it (i.e. Korg DS-10, HP Deathly Hallows, Black Ops, etc.) so after looking and searching and stressing I decided that a firmware change may be in order.

I know Acekards work for most of these fallible games from research and by setting up my friend's Acekard and these games running fine. She is running AKAIO firmware and I know it is unlikely I can run that as well (or is it?).

So my questions are as follows...

1. What kind of R4 am I looking at?
2. What kind of firmware can/should I run? I looked into Wood but it seems very specific in its compatibility.
3. Where can I find information pertaining these questions plus more?

I apologize for these noob questions but any info that would confirm what my cart is or where I can obtain the correct, updated firmware would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Travis

nakedmoniker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton for the help and the patience I know these types of inquires pop up a lot around here. No website on the cart but the link was extremely helpful. I'll update with some results.

Travis

nakedmoniker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...I tried 1.34 for R4DS HDSC and after getting everything set up as I knew how it said "Loading..." and then here was nothing. Just a black screen and nothing more.

I am returning to 1.18 at the moment. hopefully it will work as it did before but I am at a loss to explain why it didn't work for me. Is this a common reaction to using the wrong firmware? I thought I was using the right one and I just place all the files that came with the update and my games folder, as well a few tried and true homebrew apps.

I am hoping things will at least go back to normal once I see if my old firmware works. After that, I dunno.

Travis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw