Hardware Speaker Pop Shut Off

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3DS sitting around and it’s got the “speaker pop shut off” issue I’ve seen other people on the forums with the same problem is it because of a short or something else and how much $ would it be to fix it. (This was originally a message to @TurdPooCharger but he’s unavailable)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At the risk of stating the obvious:
I’ve seen other people on the forums with the same problem is it because of a short or something else
If you've seen other people with the same problem, it's probably due to same causes they've posted about in the past..?

and how much $ would it be to fix it.
If you're looking for someone to fix it in your neighborhood, then that would obviously depend on where you are located and who might be available.

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the risk of stating the obvious:
If you've seen other people with the same problem, it's probably due to same causes they've posted about in the past..?

If you're looking for someone to fix it in your neighborhood, then that would obviously depend on where you are located and who might be available.
I asked simply because I was unsure as many of the threads give no clear answer. And I was looking to fix it myself.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have an old 3DS sitting around and it’s got the “speaker pop shut off” issue I’ve seen other people on the forums with the same problem is it because of a short or something else and how much $ would it be to fix it. (This was originally a message to @TurdPooCharger but he’s unavailable)
When does it happen, always when the console is powered on?
Usually it's caused by a loose or damaged ribbon cable (especially the one going to the upper screen, it's the most prone to damage)

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When does it happen, always when the console is powered on?
Usually it's caused by a loose or damaged ribbon cable (especially the one going to the upper screen, it's the most prone to damage)
Yeah as soon as it turns on it’s sits at a black screen for may 5-10ish seconds (maybe more) then shuts off and pops

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try it with the hinge at multiple angles, see if it changes anything.
Got it I’ll try it out and get back to you
Edit: @The Real Jdbye I tried at all angles and I noticed that if it’s any where less than 90 degrees the lower screen flashes while the speaker pops

Last edited by ThatGamingAirman,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Got it I’ll try it out and get back to you
Edit: @The Real Jdbye I tried at all angles and I noticed that if it’s any where less than 90 degrees the lower screen flashes while the speaker pops
The fact that the upper screen is not flashing suggests it's the upper screen ribbon cable that's the issue. That's also the most common cause for this issue. Maybe it's been dislodged slightly from the 3DS being dropped, or maybe it's just worn from years of opening and closing. The ribbon cable doesn't disconnect from the screen, so if the ribbon cable itself is damaged, the entire upper screen needs to be replaced. Also, threading the ribbon cable through the hinge part is tricky.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that the upper screen is not flashing suggests it's the upper screen ribbon cable that's the issue. That's also the most common cause for this issue. Maybe it's been dislodged slightly from the 3DS being dropped, or maybe it's just worn from years of opening and closing. The ribbon cable doesn't disconnect from the screen, so if the ribbon cable itself is damaged, the entire upper screen needs to be replaced. Also, threading the ribbon cable through the hinge part is tricky.
Ok, Thanks for letting me know

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ThatGamingAirman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.