Hacking Space Stealers

deadrabbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Due to the terrible memory constraints in the wii, I came across the problem most others have where wiiware titles are larger than the blocks remaining on the internal wii flash.

I went through my save files a found a couple of gems which took up far more space than they were worth, you may want to delete them if you dont play the games!
Feel free to add any other files that are worth getting rid of too.

I only noted save files over 2 blocks:

Save Files
----------------------

G1 Jockey - 17ish
My Sims -- 97
Alien Syndrome - 26
Tony Hawks 9 - 19ish
Splinter Cell DA - 14ish
NFS Carbon - 3
The Godfather - 6
Far Cry vengeance - 41
Metroid Prime Download - ??

Channels
------------------------

Metroid Prime 3 Preview - 106

I also went through and and deleted a tonne of 1 block files - like anything created by data design - bunch of crap!

This is based primarily on the PAL games, im sure a load of NTSC ones are a bit cheeky too!

elektrixxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Nintendo Channel and it's save are large.

Smash Bros. Brawl save is big. If you've got multiple saves of it (like both JAP & US) you may want to delete one.

Any channel can be downloaded again from the shop should be deleted.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is kind of pointless... with the advent of 2GB SD cards and computers with SD readers...

deadrabbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
This thread is kind of pointless... with the advent of 2GB SD cards and computers with SD readers...

It is regarding the redundant save files on the wii's limited internal flash. Its a way to focus general house cleaning on the wii. Its easy to let the save files of many tried games build up and take vc /wiiware real estate.
It isn't about the ability to transfer / backup saves nor SD cards.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deadrabbit said:
teq said:

It is regarding the redundant save files on the wii's limited internal flash. Its a way to focus general house cleaning on the wii. Its easy to let the save files of many tried games build up and take vc /wiiware real estate.
It isn't about the ability to transfer / backup saves nor SD cards.

Well, considering most of you wouldn't have VC or WiiWare titles if it weren't for an SD card, I don't believe your point to be valid.

If you need additional space, move the saves you aren't currently using to the SD card.

Also, it's possible to remove the Photo Channel(11MB for both versions), Weather Channel(7MB), News Channel(7MB), and Shop Channel(10MB). That's 34MB... or roughly 6 SNES games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5