Homebrew Space Impakto DS (DS Entry)

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations on your success in the competition! If you do ever decide to go back and update this, a thought I had: perhaps it would balance things out to have the auto-bomb completely drain your bomb supply, and maybe not have your supply renewed every time you die. Effectively having 9 lives per credit takes away from the fun IMO.

BigLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, CONGRATS YOU WON! I'm so happy for you! So glad to see your efforts gave you a prize you actually wanted to win.

I'm not going to say my favourite homebrew won, though... My favourite was Boondoggle (quick good fun), but the developer of that game just won't update it, and so it still isn't complete
frown.gif

Still, I can't really say which one of the top 3 competitors in the homebrew bounty was the best, all 3 games are awesome and really fun to play. And since the one that won was the one I actually suggested something for... yay!
biggrin.gif
haha.

Again, congratulations!

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
relminator said:
smealum said:
So I guess we'll be competing again... good luck to you !
biggrin.gif

Hahahaha. Nah, considering the depth of the compo, I'll be really surprised if I do get a prize. I like entering these type of contests though since it forces me to finish my projects.

Good luck to your entry too.

WiiBricker: Thanks.
I guess you take that back, huh. Good job.

relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
BigLord, Boriar,wasim: Thanks! Your suggestions helped.

klim28: Salamat. McDo o Jolibee? ;*)

Sir_Voe: I'm not sure dude. Wasim even suggested I put a 99 lives cheat code there. But that's a great idea. Now I'm not sure how could I accomodate you both. LOL

smealum: I'm not really sure it would work without latency but I only need to send 1 byte per frame. So that's 60 bytes a second more or less. Is that doable with most connections?

Cyan: Yeah, the submission is manual for now. I don't think they could cheat their way out of patching since we only accept high-scores accompanied by a replay. Yeah, if the office my wife works would allow me access to their wifi, I'll start coding the wifi part.

Thanks to all of you guys!

relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
relminator said:
smealum said:
So I guess we'll be competing again... good luck to you !
biggrin.gif

Hahahaha. Nah, considering the depth of the compo, I'll be really surprised if I do get a prize. I like entering these type of contests though since it forces me to finish my projects.

Good luck to your entry too.

WiiBricker: Thanks.
I guess you take that back, huh. Good job.

Yeah, I do take that back.
yaynds.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
relminator said:
smealum: I'm not really sure it would work without latency but I only need to send 1 byte per frame. So that's 60 bytes a second more or less. Is that doable with most connections?

Cyan: Yeah, the submission is manual for now. I don't think they could cheat their way out of patching since we only accept high-scores accompanied by a replay. Yeah, if the office my wife works would allow me access to their wifi, I'll start coding the wifi part.

Thanks to all of you guys!
I thought about when/if you do an ingame wifi submission, it would use URL to a server (I don't know if you can use udp), so users could send score manually by typing the url in their web-browser. maybe with a POST method and/or header checking (it will need httpheader forging, less users can do that
tongue.gif
), or a talk protocol to grant access to the server only after checking that it's coming from the game.

About the co-op, if you are sending 1 byte per frame, you could receive packet frame data in random order, you'll have to send the frame counter in each packet to prevent moving the ship using old data.
Well, I'm not a network protocol expert, so I don't know how it's really working.

mjclark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Congratulations Relminator!
Me and Cal are really proud to have been a part of this and once again well done on producing the best shmup for the DS alongside Ketsui Death Label
smile.gif

Please keep us on board for Frantic Journey and
GOOD WORK!!!

relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
mjclark said:
Congratulations Relminator!
Me and Cal are really proud to have been a part of this and once again well done on producing the best shmup for the DS alongside Ketsui Death Label
smile.gif

Please keep us on board for Frantic Journey and
GOOD WORK!!!

Thanks. Will do definitely. Your suggestions really helped polish the gameplay.

FJ status: Ikalaser is done and it's gonna be textured as opposed to the PC version which is gouraud shaded. ;*)

TheDreamLord: Glad you liked it.

relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Update:

I apologize for the lack of updates lately. The 3DS, Akaio, wood and 3 new flashcart types has almost taken all my free time. LOL

I would like to thank Modariffic.com for sending me the following(free of charge):

QUOTE said:
Supercard DS 2
8G Sandisk MSD
A very nice Mario Keychain. ;*)

Pic of the SCDS2, 3DS(I bought from half my winnings), etc.

Thank you.

Will get to code next week so expect some updates. ;*)

modafiffic.jpg

relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Hi, back after a while. ;*)

Update/Changes:

QUOTE said:
v 2.0.0 FINAL (09/27/11)
Migrated code to latest DKP toolchain
CPU controlled demo(wait 20 seconds in the main menu to activate)
AutoBombs "pick your poison" version.
* When you use autobomb, you won't have bomb powerups at the end of the stage.
* AutoBomb State is saved for future gameplay.
Saves are now incompatible with older versions.
Player name is saved for future gameplay as Cyan suggested.
Button Configuration is saved future gameplay.
Loop and Stage is displayed on the lower right corner.
Cheat c0d3z!!! Score is limited to 50k. Ask Wasim how.
Score bonus system changed
Demo and Replay games skip the intermission as suggested.
Included some bragging rights in the splash screen for kicks.
Bug Fixes

Enjoy!

Barring gamebreaking bugs, this is mhy last update for SIDS. I'll work on a new DS homebrew though so staty tuned. ;*)

Cyan: Had sound issues with the new HighScore table which I could never fix. Sorry.

Wasim: PM'ed ya the Ch3atz codes.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow awesome, I have a much earlier build of this on my cyclo and was just playing it the other day, impressive changelog, I look forward to updating and playing this today!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for completing it and done the suggested changes.
It's strange that the sound is related to highscore, but it's ok if you couldn't do it too.

I'll try this final release
smile.gif

BigLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Gonna try this one ASAP! Good to see you STILL worked hard on the game, even after you've won!
biggrin.gif

*grumblegrumbleBoondogglegrumble*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D