Soviet Union 2011 is an overhead shooter developed for the Virtual Boy. Following this v1.1 release the sound engine for the Homebrew was released to the public. This engine is the first of its kind released for other developers to use! For more information on this update please see the change log below.
Change Log said:
- Sound now works on hardware.
- The background on the right screen now displays correctly on hardware.
- You can now change the brightness level. If your Virtual Boy has a glitchy display, lowering the brightness may reduce the severity of the glitches. To change the brightness, press left or right on the right D-pad on the mode selection screen or when the game is paused.
- When the game is over, the difficulty setting and mode of play are displayed to assist in submitting high scores.
- The readme file has been updated to include the number of bullets received by picking up ammunition for each weapon.
- Fixed a bug that prevented new enemies from appearing if there were too many enemies on-screen. This usually occured in level 4 and could make the game impossible to finish.
- Fixed unexpected behavior that occured when the game was finished.
- Vertically flying projectiles fired by enemies are now slower to make them easier to see and dodge.
- In endless mode, you are now given some more time to dodge the first enemy that appears.