Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some advice I'm trying to figure out if I should stay with rx tools on 9.5 emunand. Or switch over to Reinand ? Which one is better to run cia 's and better compability with newer games.
reinand is better if you don't mind losing the options rxtools has and trading them for 10.4 emunand support,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I need some advice I'm trying to figure out if I should stay with rx tools on 9.5 emunand. Or switch over to Reinand ? Which one is better to run cia 's and better compability with newer games.
If you're a pirate, stay on rxTools. The only thing ReiNAND adds is 9.6+ support which is useless with cryptofixed patched etc .cia files. And ReiNAND loses region-free so it makes thing more annoying if you play MHX for example.

If you use retail carts however, switch to ReiNAND because some carts require 9.6+ (and you probably don't have that many out of region carts).

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
does this support region free? Only asking because hyrule warriors english (jap) mod.
Not on it's own, you need to run NTR or FMP each boot for out of region games to show up

Any way to actually set this up? I have all the files on my SD (in their respective places, of course) and when I try loading it up all I get is either a black screen, a red bottom screen, or a one-time loop followed by one of those two screens.
You should follow this tutorial by wurstpistole.
If you're like me, I got stuck here bc I was trying to boot an emunand without ever making one first, so look out for that bit (pretty near the top)

Reactions: RetroBitMig

shadowla05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reinand is better if you don't mind losing the options rxtools has and trading them for 10.4 emunand support,

If you're a pirate, stay on rxTools. The only thing ReiNAND adds is 9.6+ support which is useless with cryptofixed patched etc .cia files. And ReiNAND loses region-free so it makes thing more annoying if you play MHX for example.

If you use retail carts however, switch to ReiNAND because some carts require 9.6+ (and you probably don't have that many out of region carts).

Ok sounds good I'll stay with rx tools for now then thanks guys ;)

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not on it's own, you need to run NTR or FMP each boot for out of region games to show up

So I tried launching the english patched cia of the hyrule warriors legends without either of those. It's working perfectly fine. Not sure what the poster on that iso site did to the cia, but its worksing on reinand with no FMP or NTR :o

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok sounds good I'll stay with rx tools for now then thanks guys ;)
Don't take newcomers advice bro. I'm playing the new Zelda and MHX and I'm on Reinand 10.4 N3DS. I use Decrypt9 for tools and ram hacks, plus the tools you "lose" can be found elsewhere. RxTools just needs to pick it up for real, they dropped the ball on this one with delayed release.

Last edited by Ripper00420,

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't take newcomers advice bro. I'm playing the new Zelda and MHX and I'm on Reinand 10.4 N3DS. I use Decrypt9 for tools and ram hacks, plus the tools you "lose" can be found elsewhere. RxTools just needs to pick it up for real, they dropped the ball on this one with delayed release.
You mean the tools actually WORK and do the job properly right? :P (Decrypt9)

Reactions: peteruk

kyomagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the way up to 10.4, right from system settings, easy like pie. Just make sure you have the right firmware.bin!

EDIT: And make sure you're in emunand when you do... that's maybe the most important part.

Thank you. I just have to figure out how to get it working. Right now i have rxtools. How do i switch it over? Will i lose any of my cia games if i do? And then when i do get it working, do i just use sysupdater or just go directly to the net?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't having "Rei" in version string give problems at some point? Or was that due to a different issue and happened to be solved by removing the "Rei" string?
one of the problems was that it was searching for just "Ve" instead of "Ver." which, outside of replacing text in the wrong places, was crashing some games. I think it's now looking for "Ver." so it shouldn't cause any more problems.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
one of the problems was that it was searching for just "Ve" instead of "Ver." which, outside of replacing text in the wrong places, was crashing some games. I think it's now looking for "Ver." so it shouldn't cause any more problems.
Oh, I see thanks. Still, I'd personally prefer to not risk it, it's not really a need to get the "Rei" string.

Cap'n Josh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I just have to figure out how to get it working. Right now i have rxtools. How do i switch it over? Will i lose any of my cia games if i do? And then when i do get it working, do i just use sysupdater or just go directly to the net?

It depends on how you currently get into rxTools. If you use a boot manager, you can just put the ReiNand files in their proper places on their SD card and add ReiNand to your boot menu. Keep in mind that once you update your emunand, you won't be able to boot rxTools anymore, but once they enable 9.6+, you can switch back and forth with your boot manager.

Your best bet may be to look at this phenomenal guide by @wurstpistole located here. You can skip most of the stuff about setting up an emunand, just go straight to the "Installing Menuhax, CFW, and CTRBootManager" section. You may need to fiddle with the bootfix in CTRBootManager to get ReiNand to boot consistently (I use 16 and get a good rate, others have it work fine with 8, some need 60), but it's a good setup and easy to do.

EDIT: Unless you reformat your SD card, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't lose any of your .cia games.

Last edited by Cap'n Josh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought