Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Cap'n Josh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so it wont add to my home menu and it locks up when i try to run the dat file

Did you edit your boot.cfg to have offset = "0x12000" instead of key = [some number]?
Also, you have the current firmware for ReiNand (the latest firmware.bin)?
The boot is not 100%, but it should start pretty regularly with a high enough bootfix (I just raise it by 1-2 until it boots regularly).

If you've done all those things, I don't know what else to suggest. I didn't really run into any problems setting mine up, and I'm no expert on any of this.

EDIT: Nevermind. I opened this and just left it for a while before responding. I didn't even notice you got it working already.

Last edited by Cap'n Josh,

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Nope! If I'm wrong thanks for correcting me!
Most virtual console things and even DS mode (including DSi software) All can be launched into 1:1 pixel mode with START and SELECT pressed down while launching them. I have not tested how far this reaches, like NES VC games or whatever, but someone reported to me AGB works for this, and I know first hand that DS mode does too.

Actually just picked up my N3DS from my desk and launched Yoshi's Island to test this, it does go to 1:1 Pixel mode like said. If you do not have XL it will be GBmicro experience for sure but hey, if you want it, it is there.

Last edited by Sumea,
Reactions: Audioboxer

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Most virtual console things and even DS mode (including DSi software) All can be launched into 1:1 pixel mode with START and SELECT pressed down while launching them. I have not tested how far this reaches, like NES VC games or whatever, but someone reported to me AGB works for this, and I know first hand that DS mode does too.
Actually, you just need to hold down either SELECT or START, Not even both.

Reactions: Zidapi

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the safeSysUpdate thread, it basically consists in downloading the CORRECT downgrade pack corresponding to your console (Old 3ds, new 3ds), verifying the md5 checksum of the files (use any md5 check software), copying the safeSysUpdater 3dsx program and the updates folder from the downgrade pack to your SD card, run the program, check the update integrity (pressing A button i think), if everything is labeled as OK, then press Y to downgrade and pray for it to run whithout crashing.
You will know all of this by reading the threads here on temp, but i guess people don't want to read. How do you think we know the process? it was by reading the related threads, there you get a lot of answers and learn from other people's mistakes :)

i used this guide and it worked for me in 1 try

I successfully downgraded my n3ds thanks to your instructional video @C02!

I am following the continuation of your instructional video that is helping me through the CFW Installation and EmuNand Setup.

I am stuck at the time I have left it at (2m:46s)
These are the steps I am currently stuck at and not able to continue.

ReiNAND UPDATE:
------------------------------------------------
If you want to use the new ReiNand that supports emunand up to 10.3, follow this entire tutorial, then download and replace the files on your SD card with this download:
https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand...
Also download this firmware.bin and place it on your sd/rei/
(Removed)
Open your boot.cfg with notepad, and paste this code over it.
http://pastebin.com/yPjVmuRk

I installed the latest ReiNand v3.1 I followed the firmware.bin instructions and updated the boot.cfg with the new code.

But when I turn on my n3ds and run http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php successfully and it runs "ColdBoot" to then autoboot in 2 secs ReiNand. I get the ReiNand logo for a moment but then receive a black screen and nothing happens. I never ever see the "press start" message?

Last edited by Cloud9Skywalker,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I am following the continuation of your instructional video that is helping me through the CFW Installation and EmuNand Setup.

I installed the latest ReiNand v3.1 I followed the firmware.bin instructions and updated the boot.cfg with the new code.

But when I turn on my n3ds and run http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php successfully and it runs "ColdBoot" to then autoboot in 2 secs ReiNand. I get the ReiNand logo for a moment but then receive a black screen and nothing happens. I never ever see the "press start" message?

press start option is not available on over 3.0

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Glad I can help but these are not my guides

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work if you try booting ReiNAND from the Homebrew Launcher?

No it does not, basically the only difference I have made apart from the video is the following.

Everything else I have followed to the T.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it does not, basically the only difference I have made apart from the video is the following.

Everything else I have followed to the T.
I don't think that's a really good tutorial, not only that, but it's also quite outdated.
If you don't mind following a text based tutorial, I'd recommend this one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...g-10-4-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

It worked for me and is way more detailed the the video you used.

Reactions: Cloud9Skywalker

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tell the person to remove the link to the firmware bin ASAP! You Can't share that file here! It doesn't say the name so I can't pm him/her, talking about person who said "Reinand update:" not you

Last edited by James310,
Reactions: Supster131

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Pushed code! Didn't wanna stall any longer with this, so yea..
Heres whats new:
-Emunand self patching - I made it so the code will find the sdmmc struct and read/write offsets and patch them. In theory, if you disabled patches, you should be able to get instant emunand by loading any firm. In reality, i still need to tweak the read/write offset finder.. the struct code seems pretty stable.
-Found solution for some hard coded stuff/FS more flexible - Basically I just make fatFS read file size now too.
-got rid of screenShot - If you want ghetto screenshots, just dump VRAM, since thats all it really did :P
-implemented PoC RAM dumper using txt file - I still have to write a string split function, so for now you can only specify start addr and it dumps the first 6MB.(also the txt needs decimal numbers since that was easier than parsing hex, lol)
-changed location of arm9 thread - thought it might help, but it didnt, but since the read is small i left it there, and will use the previous location for something else.
-fixed version string! - It was a problem with the affinity mask of the thread, lol. Also I made it search more specifically (it now only looks for "Ver. %d.%d.%d-%d"), but for some reason terraria still hates it.
-tons of organization and cleaning up for easier to read and modifycode. - self explanatory.

Last edited by Reisyukaku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof