OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I heard that my problem comes from me using hax 2.5, and Reinand normally only supports hax 2.0.
There's a version of .3dsx floating out there that does support hax 2.5 I heard. Know where I can find this?

The readme does not help, it just shows how to compile it, but then offers a pre-compiled version, so I went with that. No other useful info on that readme.
its in the OP at the bottom

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its in the OP at the bottom
That's strange, right when I thought I was getting another black screen, I pressed start just for the hell of it. And Emunand suddenly loads up.
I didn't get any splash screen, that's strange. At least it works one way or another!

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is mines freezing at Press start to load splash screen? using hax 2.5

Edit: Fixed now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's strange, right when I thought I was getting another black screen, I pressed start just for the hell of it. And Emunand suddenly loads up.
I didn't get any splash screen, that's strange. At least it works one way or another!
I used the firmware.bin from the download, it worked , the same thing happened to me too, i thought this whole entire time it was freezing at the blackscreen then i pressed start and emunand loaded and i didnt have any kind of splash screen

Is there any way to autoboot without pressing start?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is mines freezing at Press start to load splash screen? using hax 2.5

Edit: Fixed now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I used the firmware.bin from the download, it worked , the same thing happened to me too, i thought this whole entire time it was freezing at the blackscreen then i pressed start and emunand loaded and i didnt have any kind of splash screen

Is there any way to autoboot without pressing start?
Thanks for the info, gonna try the firmware.bin provided from the github page under the compile steps section.

I don't think there's any way to skip the "press start to boot" part, no matter how you load it (.3dsx, ctr boot manager, DS profile). I believe even CakesFW has to go through a screen similar to it before booting emunand. Only Rxtools and Gateway can autoboot into emunand without pressing anything.

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I heard that my problem comes from me using hax 2.5, and Reinand normally only supports hax 2.0.
There's a version of .3dsx floating out there that does support hax 2.5 I heard. Know where I can find this?

The readme does not help, it just shows how to compile it, but then offers a pre-compiled version, so I went with that. No other useful info on that readme.
I posted the readme because from what you wrote here seems like you don't have the firmware.bin
Thanks for the info, gonna try the firmware.bin provided from the github page under the compile steps section.

I don't think there's any way to skip the "press start to boot" part, no matter how you load it (.3dsx, ctr boot manager, DS profile). I believe even CakesFW has to go through a screen similar to it before booting emunand. Only Rxtools and Gateway can autoboot into emunand without pressing anything.
Of course there's a way to skip it automatically. Just edit the main.c to fit your needy and compile.
If you are not able then use the search button, because there should be one precompiled by d0k3, don't remember

Reactions: MattKimura

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing! How did you go about this? Is this the sort of support where Nintendo can just change something and we'll be stuck below the latest firmware again or is this fullblown O3DS-level new firmware support on N3DS? Either way this is incredible, well done!!
I dumped OTP registers on N3DS, which gave me access to 0x200 bytes of NAND keys , which let me generate all the keys from 0x15, 0x16 and all keyXs for 0x18, 0x19..0x1F so i can decrypt 9.6+. I honestly dont think nintendo would be able to lock us out again. lol
Took me longer than I expected to get this done because my n3ds was acting weird from downgrade. So SciresM was my beta tester :P

Last edited by Reisyukaku,

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I dumped OTP registers on N3DS, which gave me access to 0x200 bytes of NAND keys , which let me generate all the keys from 0x15, 0x16 and all keyXs for 0x18, 0x19..0x1F so i can decrypt 9.6+. I honestly dont think nintendo would be able to lock us out again. lol
Took me longer than I expected to get this done because my n3ds was acting weird from downgrade. So SciresM was my beta tester :P
Good job :D I'd noticed your spreadsheet had been updating :) Yes I've been eyeballing it every few days. haha Cop that nintendo!

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
So they couldn't just change which keys they use because you can generate those too? That's honestly amazing. :)

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty cool 10.3 support is there on most CFW's, (Rei / rxTools)!

I don't know right now, but some time ago rxtools n3ds support was heavily based on reinand. If rx team announced 10.3 support is only logic reinand could support it too. We are about too see if cakescfw can keep up, but I think it will.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I don't often use bad language on forums, but mate you are fucking awesome!!!!!

Trolling

This Username is taken. Problem?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome work, too bad the Pasta team will take all the credit of your work :( (like they always do)

Reactions: Reisyukaku

currowth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know right now, but some time ago rxtools n3ds support was heavily based on reinand. If rx team announced 10.3 support is only logic reinand could support it too. We are about too see if cakescfw can keep up, but I think it will.
Actually reinand was first released for the n3ds with help from @b1l1s from the cake team. Rei was the first to support n3ds, then cake, then rxtools much later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: