Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

crono68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, i believe this would be the right place to ask my question. I have ReiNand installed on two micros SD cards, on one there ist everything installed and set to install furrther games etc.. On the other there is only a freshly installed EmuNand, also MSET is also installed. My question is, can i ,without injecting the other EmuNand, somehow install FBI, BBM or DevMenu without having (everything) Gateway,Cubic Ninja, OoT, or anything tthat would also help ?

Last edited by crono68,

dragon_from_iso

Trophies
XP
I have the latest build. But i can not get it to boot into sysnand. I hold b then hit start it never leaves off the press start to boot screen. i have tried all button combo i can think of and it goes to emunand.

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does ReiNand support firmlaunch? Is there a way to run games that require a fw > 9.5?
I haven't skimmed through older pages, forgive me if this was already answered.

Huxley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I wanted to run link between worlds EUR cia on my US emunand but it gets stuck on the 3ds loading screen, the cia rom is supposed to be region-fix. Do I need to do something else to be able to run it?

crono68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I wanted to run link between worlds EUR cia on my US emunand but it gets stuck on the 3ds loading screen, the cia rom is supposed to be region-fix. Do I need to do something else to be able to run it?
You could try getting a new CIA because i had the same problem with a "a Link between Worlds" cia. ReiNand ist by default Region free i think or else i couldnt run my Japanese Games like Dragon Quest Monsters 1 and 2
(edit: games where region unlocked/free so my Statement about ReiNand being Region Free is false)

Last edited by crono68,
Reactions: Huxley

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does ReiNand support firmlaunch? Is there a way to run games that require a fw > 9.5?

Yes, Rei-Emunand has firmlaunch. Games should run without a problem, if they don't, they may require firmware spoof for cfw.

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
http://prntscr.com/89n20i
This is what I've used so far. That "FW Spoof" checkbox is supposed to apply the spoof, isn't it?
I have got an Old3DS, I don't need ReiNand at the moment.
I've considered buying a N3DS, so I'd like to be sure everything is fine with a CFW if I did it.

Last edited by Earth97,

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://prntscr.com/89n20i
This is what I've used so far. That "FW Spoof" checkbox is supposed to apply the spoof, isn't it?
I have got an Old3DS, I don't need ReiNand at the moment.
I'm considering the idea to buy a N3DS, so I'd like to be sure everything is fine with a CFW if I did it.

Yes, if it says FW spoof, that's exactly what it should do.

If you get a N3DS i'd highly recommend Reinand. Haven't had a problem with it yet. (I don't create my own cias though)

Reactions: Zidapi

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you ever tried Xenoblade Chronicles (which requires a fw > 9.5) ? Does it work? Have you spoofed it or just downloaded a spoofed .cia?

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a legit xenoblade cart, and normally it will ask you to update to 9.5 to play. When I play the cart on emunand 9.5, it doesn't ask me this. Not sure how the .3ds or cia would behave, but I'm guessing it can't be too much different assuming you're on 9.5 emunand. I don't know if that helps or not, but there you go.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All of the available CFWs that are actively being developed support firmlaunch by default.

I think the only option available to those who don't want firmlaunch enabled is PastaCFW.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does reinand need a special file to load into sysnand?

Ok, I pushed a pretty big update. From a user point of view, might not be much, but now if you hold B and press start at the menu, it'll boot sysnand (by firmlaunching with a copy of firm decrypted from your nand, so sysupdater should work fine). From a code point of view, the code is probably unrecognizable in firm.c and such, haha. I made it so depending on sys/emu, i'll get the appopriate firm, and then based on kernel version, will apply needed patches. Theres still some ugly hard coded stuff i need to work out, but I'm starting to get a massive headache from working on this code, so yea, user end shouldnt experience any issues by these values as long as use boot the 9.5 firm like normal for emu, and as long as your sysnand isnt 9.3+ (which would be impossible :P).. 8.1 is still a mystery though, so standby for that I guess.

Edit: Oh, and for some unknown reason, the thread code doesnt wanna work on sysnand, even though i know it worked before, and ive quadruple checked the offsets, so for now, sysnand mode only has sig checks disabled

Using the latest build.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?