Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Highest Emunand for the N3DS is 9.5.0-23 currently. No matter what emunand you use.

Yeah, I had to get that cleared up. Just trying to figure out why people recommend using reinand. I mean i know it supports emunand, just wasn't sure what the highest firmware was supported. Cool beans.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Yeah, I had to get that cleared up. Just trying to figure out why people recommend using reinand. I mean i know it supports emunand, just wasn't sure what the highest firmware was supported. Cool beans.
probably because it uses the same emunand as gateway and has rop working as well. now n3ds users can have cfw using cubic ninja or zelda only once and then selling it or whatever

edit: anyone knows how to get rid of the "gift" bug? Everytime I boot reinand everything needs to be unpacked

Last edited by joex11,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
probably because it uses the same emunand as gateway and has rop working as well. now n3ds users can have cfw using cubic ninja or zelda only once and then selling it or whatever

edit: anyone knows how to get rid of the "gift" bug? Everytime I boot reinand everything needs to be unpacked
Unlink your NANDs by formatting either sysNAND or emuNAND with your SD card removed.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I already know all that. I just needed to confirm if it can support a higher version than 9.5.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Unlink your NANDs by formatting either sysNAND or emuNAND with your SD card removed.
that's the only way? i'd rather not unlink nands... oh well.
what are the issues this bring? already read about but idk what else it does

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You'll lose installed apps on whichever nand is formatted - New Friend code for that nand - NNID will be removed (if you have one).

If you do not have a Gateway Red, your only option is to format the Sysnand. If you were to format the Emunand, you'll lose your Title manager.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It didn't bug me for a long time, I just unlinked it just for the hell of it. Unfortunately, I lost my pre-installed mario bros 2 game on BOTH sysnand and emunand. All good though, I have the ability to still re-install it or download the rom.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
You'll lose installed apps on whichever nand is formatted - New Friend code for that nand - NNID will be removed (if you have one).

If you do not have a Gateway Red, your only option is to format the Sysnand. If you were to format the Emunand, you'll lose your Title manager.
i still have it with me, so i can format the emunand and just reinstall everything normally? There really is no issue formating the emunand at all? thanks for the answers

edit: how can i format emunand since I whenever i try to run the rop exploit it won't work?
guess i'll formar sysnand then

Last edited by joex11,

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still have it with me, so i can format the emunand and just reinstall everything normally? There really is no issue formating the emunand at all? thanks for the answers

edit: how can i format emunand since I whenever i try to run the rop exploit it won't work?
guess i'll formar sysnand then

I formatted my Sysnand personally.

From my understanding though, formatting the Emunand is as simple as booting Emu > Settings > Format.

If you have a Gateway Red, then yeah you can just re-install everything, since you can use Bigbluemenu.3ds as your title manager.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just formatted sysnand, now it's time to reinstall everything i've done, and rop

If you format the Sysnand with the internal SD removed, all you need to do for Sysnand is reinstall the ROP.
Unless you had other things installed to the Sysnand, then yeah you'd need to reinstall those as well.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
If you format the Sysnand with the internal SD removed, all you need to do for Sysnand is reinstall the ROP.
Unless you had other things installed to the Sysnand, then yeah you'd need to reinstall those as well.
yep, rop reinstalled, everything is running back again. thanks for the help

edit: now a new issue. my blue gateway card got working again and so was my r4itt. but now after the process, my gateway blue works, my r4itt only stays in "loading"...

edit2: nevermind, it worked again somehow

Last edited by joex11,
Reactions: usernametaken

smellyunicorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSTWO with my N3DS on sysand 9.0 with Rei 9.0 with ROP ds profile thing installed. How do I run the DS flashcart without breaking the DS profile thing with reinand?
Thanks

Jim~

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to point out that you can't format emuNAND with the SD card removed and that you should never remove the SD card while booted into emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety