Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Zhull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I've got rxTools on my n3ds, and now I want to switch to reiNAND...
Should I just delete every rxTools-related files on my microSD and paste the reiNAND's?
Will it affect the emunand *installed games/app/dlc* ?

Thanks in advance...

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I've got rxTools on my n3ds, and now I want to switch to reiNAND...
Should I just delete every rxTools-related files on my microSD and paste the reiNAND's?
Will it affect the emunand *installed games/app/dlc* ?

Thanks in advance...
Probaby you dont need to delete rxtools files, just copy reinand files to sd card and if you use ctrbootmanager start 3ds with reinand.dat;)

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Through System Settings, and only through there.

Mine refuses to update through system settings. Progress stays at 0% for a few min then errors and prompts a restart.

I've been putting it in sleep mode and it downloads the update that way. Upon opening the n3ds it prompts me to update over my home menu. I click yes and in 5 seconds or so update completes and I restart. So updating outside of system settings is ok to do as long as you're in emunand!

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine refuses to update through system settings. Progress stays at 0% for a few min then errors and prompts a restart.

I've been putting it in sleep mode and it downloads the update that way. Upon opening the n3ds it prompts me to update over my home menu. I click yes and in 5 seconds or so update completes and I restart. So updating outside of system settings is ok to do as long as you're in emunand!
hmm.. I was told it's very unsafe to update your emuNAND other than using sysUpdater or through your System Settings. So I always update through System Settings (better safe than sorry, right?)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm.. I was told it's very unsafe to update your emuNAND other than using sysUpdater or through your System Settings. So I always update through System Settings (better safe than sorry, right?)

I think that's more a precaution to make sure you ARE in emunand. Basically if you go through system settings you can confirm your are in emunand before updating (either the version will be 9.3+ already or it will say something other than "Ver. "), and sysupdater can only be launched from the home menu on emunand. Both methods provide 100% assurance you are updating emunand and not sysnand.

Reactions: Supster131

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated ReiNand through system settings and now when I hit start to boot it just a black screen

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated ReiNand through system settings and now when I hit start to boot it just a black screen

Two questions.

Are you using the latest files from the "Releases" page on the github? 9.6+ is only supported with 3.x.

Also, are you using a downgraded system, and if so was this the first upgrade to emunand from 9.x to 10.4+?

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two questions.

Are you using the latest files from the "Releases" page on the github? 9.6+ is only supported with 3.x.

Also, are you using a downgraded system, and if so was this the first upgrade to emunand from 9.x to 10.4+?
1.No
2.yes a downgrade to 9.2 also first time updating to 10.5

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.No
2.yes a downgrade to 9.2 also first time updating to 10.5

Ok first off make sure you are using the latest files from the releases page, just to ensure you are fully up to date with reinand itself.

Second, was your system on 10.3 before the downgrade and was it using menuhax?

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok first off make sure you are using the latest files from the releases page, just to ensure you are fully up to date with reinand itself.

Second, was your system on 10.3 before the downgrade and was it using menuhax?
2. Yeah I was

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So ReiNAND 3.2 Beta still needs a patched AGB_FIRM for GBA games to run natively right? I just installed a self-converted GBA game in both sysNAND and emuNAND and even if I launch it in sysNAND with MiniPasta I always end up with a "An Error Has Ocurred" message on the bottom screen. I ask because some people claimed AGB_FIRM patches are no longer needed.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. Yeah I was

Ok then you SHOULD just need to purge the extdata from your sd card. If I remember correctly you just need to load up the SD card on your PC and delete the "extdata" folder from inside the Nintendo 3DS folder.

If you already unlinked your NANDs then you will have two folders inside "sd:\Nintendo 3DS\". One is for your emunand and the other for your sysnand. If you are sure which is which, then delete the following folder and its contents:

sd:\Nintendo 3DS\<id0>\<id1>\extdata\00000000\000002cd\

<id0> and <id1> refer to the long unique strings of characters that are used for the folder names. If you are unsure which folder is your emunand, just delete it from both, but be prepared to set up menuhax again on your sysnand. Easiest way to tell which is which is to check the size of the two folders inside "sd:\Nintendo 3DS\". Assuming you have a game or two installed already, the folder you want will be significantly larger than the other.

Btw, this assumes you have a USA system. If you have a EUR system the folder is 000002ce. For JPN systems it is 000002cc.

So ReiNAND 3.2 Beta still needs a patched AGB_FIRM for GBA games to run natively right? I just installed a self-converted GBA game in both sysNAND and emuNAND and even if I launch it in sysNAND with MiniPasta I always end up with a "An Error Has Ocurred" message on the bottom screen. I ask because some people claimed AGB_FIRM patches are no longer needed.

Every CFW that does not actively patch the AGB_FIRM (in otherwords everything except rxTools on the O3DS afaik) will need the patched AGB_FIRM installed to play injected GBA games. This needs to be installed to BOTH sysnand AND emunand (set destination to NAND if using FBI), as well as installing the games themselves to both sysnand and emunand (set destination to SD for the games if using FBI). The ten official Ambassador games do not require the patched AGB_FIRM, they simply need to be installed to both nands.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Every CFW that does not actively patch the AGB_FIRM (in otherwords everything except rxTools on the O3DS afaik) will need the patched AGB_FIRM installed to play injected GBA games. This needs to be installed to BOTH sysnand AND emunand (set destination to NAND if using FBI), as well as installing the games themselves to both sysnand and emunand (set destination to SD for the games if using FBI). The ten official Ambassador games do not require the patched AGB_FIRM, they simply need to be installed to both nands.

Okay thanks for the clarification, I already patched AGB_FIRM now I just need to install it even if I feel a bit uneasy about that.

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then you SHOULD just need to purge the extdata from your sd card. If I remember correctly you just need to load up the SD card on your PC and delete the "extdata" folder from inside the Nintendo 3DS folder.

If you already unlinked your NANDs then you will have two folders inside "sd:\Nintendo 3DS\". One is for your emunand and the other for your sysnand. If you are sure which is which, then delete the following folder and its contents:

sd:\Nintendo 3DS\<id0>\<id1>\extdata\00000000\000002cd\

<id0> and <id1> refer to the long unique strings of characters that are used for the folder names. If you are unsure which folder is your emunand, just delete it from both, but be prepared to set up menuhax again on your sysnand. Easiest way to tell which is which is to check the size of the two folders inside "sd:\Nintendo 3DS\". Assuming you have a game or two installed already, the folder you want will be significantly larger than the other.

Btw, this assumes you have a USA system. If you have a EUR system the folder is 000002ce. For JPN systems it is 000002cc.

I don't have any of those files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding