Soul Silver Union room problem

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by n8equalsd, Aug 2, 2010.

Aug 2, 2010
  1. n8equalsd
    OP

Member n8equalsd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    EDIT: Ok so here's what I think is going on.

I receive a communication error when trying to trade in the union room in Soul Silver to my retail version of Diamond. I learned that this isn't the only game with this problem. I got Chinatown Wars onto my flash cart and tried playing a multi-player game with my retail version and received a similar error where the game disconnected when starting the game.

So i realized that only game that utilize multi-card play are having these problems. I tried New super Mario Bros., Sonic Rush Adventure, Mario kart DS, and SM64 DS. All of them worked fine.

BTW I have:
    R4i-Advance (DSTT clone)
    running latest unofficial DSTT firmware (1.17a12)

So how would I fix this?

2. Kasumi Yawa

Newcomer Kasumi Yawa Member

France
    I got the same problem with my DSOne SuperCard and my SoulSilver version... Blue Screen Error... whatever I do...

3. jakeyjake

Member jakeyjake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mine works fine on ds one i with that patch sticky'd above. And the latest firmware and such.

4. n8equalsd
    OP

United States
    what patch are you talking about? I dont see one. anyways, I've decided to delete the .sav file on my micro SD and start a new game to see if that works.

5. n8equalsd
    OP

United States
    Ok, I see what patch you were talking about, but I've already tried the Rudolph patch and that did not work.

Has anyone found a fix? I just tried an arm7 swap to see if that helps but no luck.

6. n8equalsd
    OP

United States
  7. n8equalsd
    OP

United States
    Alright, so the problem was actually the ROM. I switched to the JAP translated rom with rudolph patch and it worked.