Hacking Sorry Excuse for a DS

m41n3y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ALthough it's very annoying, i suppose i can laugh at how unlucky i am lol.

So last week i bought myself a ds from ebay YAY.

Description says Brand New in box. This guy has 99.7% feedback with 500+ feedback score (YOU ALL KNOW ABOUT EBAY).

So anyway i predicted him to be a good seller and a trustworthy seller.

Bought the DS and it arrives a couple of days later.

BAring in mind my mum also bought herself a ds but she bought it from the store, so we both had ours the same day.

My mum opened hers first, hers is all packaged well and every thing is how it is supposed to be.

I open mine and my ds practically falls out into my hand. The only 'proof' that the ds was brand new is the fact that is has all the plactic protection all over it. So i take off all the plastic and try switching it on... the power button is jammed where i have to force it up ( and still is jammed to this day ). A couple of days of playing it and really looking at the ds i notice that the bottom screen is slightly crooked, you would have to really look to see but if your playing in the dark with 2 light screens at you, you will notice.

I also noticed that my ds doesnt have a 'going dead' bllinker... the lights just turn off and about 4 mins later the ds will go dead. THe ds also does not have a charge light (yeah there are two lights but the let one just doenst work).

When i look at it now i just laugh. Im eventually going to save up and buy another, i originally tried to refund the ds but what a surprise, he doesnt do refunds lol...

Oh and may i not forget to mention that i also bought 2 fake games form ebay for slightly more than retail price... only discovering that they were fake TODAY!

I have certantly had my share in badluck.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow...

Sorry to hear that man.

I would be like, "DEWD, GIVE MEH MUH MONEY BACK U MANWHORE!!11!11"

Seriously.

I hope you reported him to eBay right? He needs to gtf off of it.

As for the games, you REALLY need to be sure to look for the "Official Nintendo Seal" on the game boxes/cart. Did the ones you buy have the seal? If not, report the seller also.

Hope your luck turns around for the better.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's horror stories like these that are the reason I have NEVER bought anything from eBay. For me, trust is a very fragile thing to begin with, I couldn't tolerate getting burned by some jackass on eBay.

cepheus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
file a complaint on that seller and leave them a negative feedback.

though ebay doesn't take responsibility in the details of a sale, they certainly do not want fraudulent individuals there for business.

m41n3y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah we tried to do the refund thing but he was like nah we dont accept refunds despite the fact that his 1 negative which made him 99.7% said ' Fault item, slow delivery but full refund given'. This was also a DS.

Eventually he said he will do an exchange, so we never took the offer as i could have sent the DS and never got another back..

Oh and i bought the DS for £95, reason why i didnt buy it from the store is because it is a navy blue version which isnt in the british stores.

Oh and i never checked for the seal on my ds games because at the time i never knew there were such thing as fakes. They werent roms, just a single chip. Mario Kart DS and New SUper MArio Bros.

It was only today that i was searching in depth about ds' and found a topic about fakes and how to spot one, so immediately i checked those two ggames as they were the only ones not lallowing me to play download play, and they were fakes.

1. They have a seal but u can clearly see that its fake by the way it doesnt shine.
2. The stickers on the carts are clearly hand stuck on
3. The back of the carts dont have the little black ink code underneath the pat.pend thing.

It sucks when you found out you have been ripped off so bad.

In total i have spent aaround £150 for a load of crap. (N)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded