• Start date
  • Views 3,148
  • Replies 26

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder...
This is just a question, but If I, a Puerto Rican, had visited his site, donated, watched his YouTube video, and so on, would I had ended up turning the rulin in Mr. Geohot's favour, since I never set foot in Californina (as far as I remember, which is very long)?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ron975 said:
Zorua said:
8BitWalugi said:
RupeeClock said:
What exactly are they trying to prove? That Sony themselves donated to Geohot to try and set him up?
They're checking to see is Microsoft donated to him. I know it.

But what will Sony do if they find out that Microsoft donated to him? They can't really do much, can they?
...Except Sue..
Sony will sue anyone helping geohot with these records...
Sony going up against Microsoft plus LG, Geohot and Graf_Chokolo would ruin them even further financially.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ziggy Zigzagoon said:
I wonder...
This is just a question, but If I, a Puerto Rican, had visited his site, donated, watched his YouTube video, and so on, would I had ended up turning the rulin in Mr. Geohot's favour, since I never set foot in Californina (as far as I remember, which is very long)?What Sony is trying to do is prove that George Hotz has 'ties' to California.
They want to prove those ties so they can get the court case moved to California (Where Sony's HQ is) from New Jersey (Where George Hotz lives).

I'm pretty sure that Sony is going to try to work it some way that is just idiotic... Something like 'Well your honor, 7,000 people from California viewed his video, yet only 6,587 from New Jersey viewed it', ignoring that California has a larger population.

QUOTE(DSGamer64 @ Mar 17 2011, 08:56 PM) So much for there being some protection of invasion of privacy. It's a joke that the US courts would allow Sony to get private financial information.
Well... if the financial information was relevant to the case I could understand it.
But this is completely unrelated to the case and is only being used in an attempt to move the case to another state.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope the fact Sony donated to him counts against them for something.
mellow.gif

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If someone can fill me in to what "illegal" activities Geohot has committed? From what I understand, he hasn't done anything illegal, so much as finding a loophole in Sony's logic. Sony is just running around trying to find something to sue him on, because they are idiots for letting their baby get broken open this easily. I don't think Sony can do anything, aside from sue him for basic piracy. My prediction is that Geohot will get a restraining order put on him, but unless the Prosecution pulls some weird Pheonix Wright bullshit out their asses, I don't see how this is going to end up bad for Geohot.

Unless someone explains these "illegal" activities to me, cause I don't quite see it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
SubliminalSegue said:
Unless someone explains these "illegal" activities to me, cause I don't quite see it.
He broke the PS3's DRM.
Yes, according to the DMCA breaking DRM is illegal, unless specifically stated otherwise (such as the iphone hacking).

People have been trying to get the DMCA repealed for years, but big businesses love it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Y @ yqw: someone has a cheat table for need for speed most wanted 2012?