Sony Is Out To Get You Hackers II

girugamarc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Last week garyopa from PSX Scene reported that Sony was busy searching for those that sold PS Jailbreak and they were also looking at PSGroove, PSFreedom and OpenPSJailbreak, you can find this thread here.

Well it seems that garyopa is creating his own “PS3 Wikileaks” as he has posted a lot more legal documents on his site, this is what he said(take a note of the line i highlighted in red):

Well another week has passed-by, and time for another PSX-SCENE Wikileaks special!

Again we are uncovering the ongoing battle of SCEA to stop the outright sale of PSJailbreak devices.

Last week we showcased a ton of court documents, which showed SCEA was very upset at the fact the original PSJailbreak had spread like wildfire and turned into various open free ports, like PSGroove and PSFreedom.

We left you with them pushing the courts to find out the true people behind various websites, that have been promoting the various Jailbreak devices.

SCEA has previously just listed in their court files, “John Does #1 thru 100?, this now has been changed, with the following people NAMED:

*snip* -- removed, would you want your personal information posted on the Internet?

The main one that SCEA wanted last week, *snip* the owner of “Zoomba LDC” and “shoppsjailbreak.com” turns out from Yahoo information, that he is living in *snip*, so now Sony will have to set down their MIB team (lawyers) over there to track him down with help from local police.

Another bad-apple that SCEA is after now, is *snip* of “getps3break.com” as he seems they been selling 250gb HDD’s loaded with over 75 games on it, I hope they burn in hell for crossing the line on this!

Also one ebay’er that been selling devices online, before Ebay banned all sales of these devices is named:

Quote:
*snip*

In this round of court documents filed by SCEA, they are showing the courts they own the rights to the names “Playstation, PSP, PS, PS3? so they are pushing the courts for speedy discovery for any website that uses this trademarked “letters / names” in their domain names.

One website that is mentioned a few times is “PS3HAX” for their in-depth reviews and tutorials on using the “backup manager” and of course “” for their daily updates for grabbing various games directly from the ‘net!

And finally, we end tonight’s Wikileaks special with thanks to SCEA for printing out a whole thread from our very own website PSX-SCENE to produce “Exhibit X” it is of course the now famous “PS Jailbreak Compatibility List”, Sony is using this as PROOF that over 300 games work using the PSJailbreak and PS3Break devices. Hey, guys, don’t kill the messenger!

Here is all the new court documents, there is a few that are listed as “submitted under seal”, so they are of course “blank”, and the information contained will not be visible until cough the full “Jury Trial” which SCEA is also asking the courts for in the so-far named people which have now been served with a TBA court date.

You can view garyopa’s thread and legal documents on his site, here

Exhibit A Mentions PS3HaX

Source

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who Sont? jk
tongue.gif

Man they really going hard on this
laugh.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Have there been lawsuits against any modchips in the past (flashcarts excluded for now)?
If there have and nothing happened then I don't see why Sony won this one unless there is some kind of copyright problem on top of the modchip.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
girugamarc said:
Whups, I meant to make the title "Sony Is Out to Get Hackers". How do I change title?

I think if a mod looks at your comment, they'll change it for you.
Or a very sexy mag staff douche.

girugamarc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Have there been lawsuits against any modchips in the past (flashcarts excluded for now)?
If there have and nothing happened then I don't see why Sony won this one unless there is some kind of copyright problem on top of the modchip.
I think Sony won some lawsuit against some Australian online distributor of the PS3Jailbreak. But that's it I think.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
girugamarc said:
Jamstruth said:
I think Sony won some lawsuit against some Australian online distributor of the PS3Jailbreak. But that's it I think.
They got the device banned for sale in Australia. They haven't filed any other lawsuits yet.
But why did they win that one? If there have been lawsuits against modchips before that were lost what made that one different, is what I'm asking. I'm not sure if there have been lawsuits before though (though I'd be surprised if there haven't)

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
girugamarc said:
Quote:
ten87510 / ttnooker0yahoo. com
Tom Nooker
1115 E. Cedar Ave., Manitowoc, WI, 54220
In this round of court documents filed by SCEA, they are showing the courts they own the rights to the names “Playstation, PSP, PS, PS3? so they are pushing the courts for speedy discovery for any website that uses this trademarked “letters / names” in their domain names.

Tom Nooker.

Tom Nooker

Tom Nooker

TOM NOOK

ohnoes.png

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
hova1 said:
Sony can do whatever the fuck they want. It's their console, even if you pay 599$ for it, Sony still owns it (and you).
I'd beg to differ. They can't, for instance, come and take it away from me. They just own the copyright to all the systems inside it so I couldn't clone it. They also have licensing laws that should prevent me from coding my own games for it without their conesnt.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice to see their making an effort.

the fact that this is getting sold is the problem in itself; only reason why sony is cracking down on them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1