Sony Investigating Virtual Reality Games

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Slyakin said:
I wonder how you'd go about playing an actual game... Motion would be way to clunky.

well aren't there already ways to controll the computer cursor with your brain waves ?

maybe in the near future you will sit somewhere in your room with that thing on your head and only "thinking" what you are about to do and the chara in the game is going to do it ^^
i would assume for the first versions you will still get mouse and keyboard

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd think the controls would be fairly straight forward:

Same gyroscopes and movement sensors in a wii mote/playstation move in the helmet to track in game view/camera movement. Aside from look movements, it should also be able to track lean motions and body shifts for more movement control.

Everything else would be done as now with a controller/wiimote/playstation move/kinect.

If they really wanted to have more of a VR type interaction, you'd see the return of a 'power glove' type accessory that would track hand gestures and movements, maybe a few wrist/ankle/belt sensors too, or more refined kinect style motion tracking.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moose3 said:
I'd think the controls would be fairly straight forward:

Same gyroscopes and movement sensors in a wii mote/playstation move in the helmet to track in game view/camera movement. Aside from look movements, it should also be able to track lean motions and body shifts for more movement control.

Everything else would be done as now with a controller/wiimote/playstation move/kinect.

If they really wanted to have more of a VR type interaction, you'd see the return of a 'power glove' type accessory that would track hand gestures and movements, maybe a few wrist/ankle/belt sensors too, or more refined kinect style motion tracking.
Sounds like a lot of hardware.

_Chaz_ said:
QUOTE(KingVamp @ Jul 19 2011, 03:49 PM) What make it so casual?
Same thing that makes motion controls casual.

I just can't see it being used effectively in difficult games. Just CoD and some tech-demos.
They have been used effectively in other games,so.... meh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM