Sony Executive Speaks!

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dille, the company's senior vice president of marketing, would neither confirm nor deny the rumors, but did admit that the PSP could benefit from true wireless connectivity provided by cellular service. "The PSP is a Wi-Fi device," Dille said. "People are used to having always-connected devices." He went on to discuss how the PSP fits within Sony's vision for digitally distributed media and games via the PlayStation Network. "I don't think we fully realize that vision with a Wi-Fi device," he elaborated. "If it's not connected then it does sort of limit people."

Further credence was leant to the rumors when Dille discussed the competitive nature of the portable market, as well as the gains made by Apple with the iPod touch, which is now the world's largest mobile gaming platform. "These are largely time-killers," he said in reference to traditional smartphone games. "Gamers aren't satisfied with that."

While Dille refused to comment on questions regarding the suggestion that the rumored device could feature an Android-based OS and the implications therein, another SCEA spokesperson present did note that the company has existing relationships with Google, undoubtedly in reference to the company's use of Google TV in upcoming HD TVs and Blu-ray players. Dille's comments are far from a confirmation of the alleged PlayStation Phone, but it does seem to suggest that the company is interested in expanding their role in the mobile space.[/p]

Source

Still not confirmed, but this surely increases peoples hopes of getting a PS Phone some day.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
this phone is starting to really seem like it is the psp2. Touchscreen, and touch panel like mouse track pad on back (or inside as we have seen) 2x analogue sticks(trackpad could be used as these) 3G psp2... Like a phone, wider screen, no umd, psp2 games coming on micro sd's... Psphone has micro sd slot and no umd. Rumor 1gig ram, psphone has 512ram but also 1gig rom. Psp2 out next year, just happen to get photos of psphone as this year is coming to an end so it will be out next year. Would be risky giving the amount of debt sony are in to release 2 high end products so close to 3ds release.

Just putting 2 and 2 together here.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
I really hope they try. An N-Gage experience might do them some good.

Perhaps that's not the best comparison to make .
unsure.gif

Nevertheless, I think a 3G-enabled "PS Phone" would be quite attractive to consumers. I can't really see it doing anything that the Android platform hasn't already done, however, outside of full-fledged game titles.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lostdwarf said:
this phone is starting to really seem like it is the psp2. Touchscreen, and touch panel like mouse track pad on back (or inside as we have seen) 2x analogue sticks(trackpad could be used as these) 3G psp2... Like a phone, wider screen, no umd, psp2 games coming on micro sd's... Psphone has micro sd slot and no umd. Rumor 1gig ram, psphone has 512ram but also 1gig rom. Psp2 out next year, just happen to get photos of psphone as this year is coming to an end so it will be out next year. Would be risky giving the amount of debt sony are in to release 2 high end products so close to 3ds release.

Just putting 2 and 2 together here.
no.
touch panel on back is completely different from touch panel inside a slide-keypad.
dual analog is completely different from a touchpad(pretty sure when they say dual analog they mean 2 physical thingies)
Ram!=Rom
oh and the fact that the psp2 is supposed to get the form factor of the original PSP's as far as i know, while the PSPhone gets the form factor of the PSPgo.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geoflcl said:
cwstjdenobs said:
I really hope they try. An N-Gage experience might do them some good.

Perhaps that's not the best comparison to make .
unsure.gif

It is, I really think they need a proper flop to kick them up their complacent arses. The PS3 could have being that but Blu Ray winning out made it a cheap Blu Ray player. Sort of like when the PS2 first came out and it only sold to begin with 'cause it was a cheap DVD player. Don't get me wrong if the next PSP turns out to be any good I'll be more than happy. I just don't think they will do anything original until they have had a complete flop.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
It is, I really think they need a proper flop to kick them up their complacent arses. The PS3 could have being that but Blu Ray winning out made it a cheap Blu Ray player. Sort of like when the PS2 first came out and it only sold to begin with 'cause it was a cheap DVD player. Don't get me wrong if the next PSP turns out to be any good I'll be more than happy. I just don't think they will do anything original until they have had a complete flop.

It was the fact it was a cheap dvd player that I managed to convince my parents to get it. We were still using VHS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality