Dooz

Dolor Æterna
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Djibouti
I've been using Sony brand DVD+R discs to use in my PS2 for a while now, so I assumed they would work fine when burning Wii games. The problem is, though, that my soft-modded Wii doesn't recognize the games as DVD's even though I have a downgraded system, WiiGator Gamma 3, DVDx, GeckoOS, I patched the discs with backup-creator.exe, and used IMGBURN to burn my discs at the suggested speed. It just tells me that there's no DVD inserted at all.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with Sony DVD+R discs?

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, if you are using GAMMA, then stop patching them with Waninkoko's backup creator. I haven't had to use that since Gamma came out. However my old ones still work.

I would guess you haven't set your booktype to dvd-rom

if you are still having problems, i would stop using dvd+r and select a -r that is of good quality.

I use Memorex -r , but i know everyone here will tell you to use Verbatim -r and whatever speed your burner can handle at MAX use half of that.. so if you can burn 16x dvd-r, burn at 8x.

Personally I burn my backups at 4x on memorex and it works ok so far.

Edit for clarification: I'm not sure what the poster above me (#2) was referring to here : although they burn the image and then you can make an image from a backup disc ! very strange but thats the way it is

If you use and image burning software program like Nero (go to Burn image to disc or, burn image... ) or IMGBURN, and make sure it's set to right, instead of test... (it will just be a test burn on a virtual dvd) then you will be able to insert it into your wii if everything is set up correctly.

-------- i think this is an issue of not having the booktype set correctly.

Dooz

Dolor Æterna
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Djibouti
kitt050383 said:
Read my Post here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=121331
for how to set the booktype for your drive....

-Kitt050383
CD Speed won't let me change any of my booktypes to anything else. Every time I click Set an error pops up saying, "Setting Book Type failed!"

I burned the discs with these booktypes: Disktype DVD+R's booktype was DVD+R. Disktype DVD+RW's booktype was DVD+RW. Disktype DVD+R DL's booktype was DVD+R DL.

And, like I said, that program won't change any booktypes to DVD-ROM. Is there any other method of changing booktypes?

Edit: Also, I just tried changing my booktype with IMGBURN, but that program doesn't support my drive (TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653N 0409 (ATA))

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then you have to check with the maker of the drive to see if they offer an app to set the booktype....
like my guide says not all drives are capable...
But the cd-dvd speed app is the most universal compatible one....

Try going to the manufactures website also you may need to update the dvd burners firmware...

-Kitt050383

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm using thesame discs currently, and 7/7 games worked.
I'm burning them with imgburn at 2x (1:1 image), just like i burn all my other games.

Dooz

Dolor Æterna
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Djibouti
I'm sorry guys, I'm an idiot.

After trying many methods of burning with no results, I decided it was an issue of the homebrew software intalled on my Wii. So I went and installed cIOS249, which I thought I had previously installed. It turns out that i had the cIOS_Fix installed, but not cIOS249. So everything works perfectly now.

Thanks for trying to help, guys, I do appreciate it.

wildfire95

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use them for GameCube backups and they worked fine
biggrin.gif

Trying them with Wii ones now though
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.