Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
monkat said:
TwinRetro said:
Geohotz might have to take one for the team here. He is the originator, and the cat is already out of the bag. No way to stop that now, but someone must fall so others may stand and fight.
How arrogant and rude.

This kid must have his life thrown in the trash so that you can "fight" by profiting free games?

I figured you pirates were selfish, but honestly, fuck you.

Fuck you right back, asshat. I never said anything about piracy, and I don't and won't pirate for the PS3. Take your assumptions and go somewhere else.

Hey, hey now.

*Spreads legs coyly*

What's a guy have to do to get in on the "fuck" fest?

On Topic: I never was a fan of George Hotz. He's a bit of a glory hound and not a very good team player. The things he's done could have been carried out in a far more anonymous fashion. He wanted notoriety and now he has it.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Prophet said:
TwinRetro said:
monkat said:
TwinRetro said:
Geohotz might have to take one for the team here. He is the originator, and the cat is already out of the bag. No way to stop that now, but someone must fall so others may stand and fight.
How arrogant and rude.

This kid must have his life thrown in the trash so that you can "fight" by profiting free games?

I figured you pirates were selfish, but honestly, fuck you.

Fuck you right back, asshat. I never said anything about piracy, and I don't and won't pirate for the PS3. Take your assumptions and go somewhere else.

Hey, hey now.

*Spreads legs coyly*

What's a guy have to do to get in on the "fuck" fest?

On Topic: I never was a fan of George Hotz. He's a bit of a glory hound and not a very good team player. The thing he does could be carried out in a far more anonymous fashion. He wanted notoriety and now he has it.
What you just did is enough to validate your entry. Enjoy your stay.

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The word is already out there. It's not like any kind of legal action can stop anybody who's willing enough to reap the benefits without any consequence. Besides, taking a statement out of context and not of its intended meaning is a common way to start a lawsuit. So long as this kid gets a half-decent lawyer, the case is in the bag, and he's owed a monstrous sum of money.

Sony has no argument here. They are pulling at strings that don't exist.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Now, to explain my statement further to avoid any *ahem* confusion...

Geohotz wanted the glory, he wanted the glamour, and he pretty much tried coercing Sony into giving him a job. He deserves what he gets at this point. Not to say that his achievements weren't a push in the right direction for the homebrew community. I do appreciate that, but he wanted recognition, and now he has it.

Geohotz will fall so that others may take his place and turn the PS3 into the Multimedia/Homebrew machine it always should have been

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is what happens when you make a public blog documenting your hacks.
Wait for a proper CFW from a team and not just one guy with a big ego in a small basement.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hotz violated this provision when, in the
same post in which the published SCEA’s Keys, he attempted to obtain from SCEA “a thing
of value” in the form of employment: “if you want your next console to be secure, get in touch
with me.”

He could defend that one easily enough, I meant get in touch with me and I'll give you some recommendations, re-implement OtherOS etc etc

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thug4L1f3 said:
Wait for a proper CFW from a team and not just one guy with a big ego in a small basement.
They're going after Bushings too, he's on team fail0verflow.
At least according to the first post.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
RupeeClock said:
Thug4L1f3 said:
They're going after Bushings too, he's on team fail0verflow.
They're going after the entire Failoverflow team and 100 others!
sad.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
sony's suit seems to be more on the grounds of "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
phoenixgoddess27 said:
mercluke said:
sony's suit seems to be more on the grounds of "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

Hate to break it to you, but that's coming from the pirates, as well.

So while you're pointing fingers...
what are you talking about? i see no pirates suing sony for anything
and besides, neither fail0verflow nor geohot have released tools for pirating or even condone it so even if pirates were suing sony it would be completely irrelevent

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, guys? If I'm reading this correctly, this isn't anything more than a temporary restraining order and nobody has actually been sued for anything yet. (And if Sony is smart, they'll proceed very cautiously since a lot of what they're using as legal cover is on pretty shaky ground to being with. e.g. EULAs, vast swaths of the DMCA, what counts as your private property*, etc.)

*The private property angle is especially germane in the USA right now, and I also can't imagine the EFF, etc., coming to these guys' defense *if* it goes any farther than a restraining order.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
emigre said:
Damn Sony for doing what they can to protect their product from piracy.
they're not protecting anything. the key is public, this will not stop anything
they're just crying because their high-paid security experts were bested by a group of homegrown hackers

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
and besides, neither fail0verflow nor geohot have released tools for pirating or even condone it so even if pirates were suing sony it would be completely irrelevent

It's a damn temporary restraining order.

And if you haven't noticed, the pirates are bawling because of Sony's actions. "Waaah, they're trying to stop me from pirating, waaah!".
So yes, pirates are crying, too.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
phoenixgoddess27 said:
mercluke said:

It's a damn temporary restraining order.

And if you haven't noticed, the pirates are bawling because of Sony's actions. "Waaah, they're trying to stop me from pirating, waaah!".
So yes, pirates are crying, too.
uhh, what?
they're complaining over the actions of sony and not all homebrewers are pirates. (i'll admit i pirate ds stuff from time to time but i have bought all my ps3 games and don't even play it often)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD