GBAtemp Raspberry Pi Projects
Hello tempers!

Most of you are familiar with the Raspberry Pi single-board computers and some of you may already have a couple of projects using this amazing micro-machines.

Feel free to share your stories and include some pictures to show your projects, being them already finished or anything currently in progress.
GBAtemp Raspberry Pi Projects
GBAtemp Raspberry Pi Projects

Sonos Music server

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaFixer
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 27
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Likes Likes 1

DaFixer

Proud beer drinker!
Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
992
Trophies
2
Age
42
Location
Dehind my desk
XP
2,509
Country
Netherlands
Hi, for 3 years i'm running a music server for my Sonos setup based on a Raspberry Pi.
When I get my Sonos setup, I was already planning to my Qnap NAS for the music storage.
But my Qnap was getting full and a bit outdated, so I made a simple samba server only to stream music.

Hardware I was using:
Raspberry Pi 3B+
1TB 2.5 inch HDD (from a old notebook)
SataToUSB Adapter
Case
8GB MicroSD
5V 3A Power Supply

Software:
Raspberry Pi OS (with some tweaks)
Sound Normalizer (only for the music on the server)

After follow a guide to setup a Samba Server I must set it to SMBv1, because Sonos only uses that.
Soon I playing music from my Sonos Music Server, days after I busy copy all my music.
I'm very happy with it, now I can stream music in FLAC/MP3 and also the music (bootlegs) what you not can't find on Spotify.
And all my music is normalized (only for Sonos)



For now this is working, maybe later on I want to update it or build it in a plastic case.
 
Last edited by DaFixer,
  • Like
Reactions: BigOnYa
cool. i use lyrion.
Lyrion?

Little update to my Sonos music server, I use now a RBPi 4 2GB and a 1TB SSD.
I'm busy making a Pi rack with a another RBPi projects (like my Jellyfin music server for on the go).
But lately there was allot off trouble with "new" Sonos app, that allot off local music playback features.
After many updates that is now working know (80%).
So I can enjoy my music again.
 

Group statistics

Group owner:
tfocosta
Members:
41
Threads:
6
Messages:
15
Photos:
0

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted