OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Samoa
Hi. I just recently downloaded the Sonic Unleashed NTSC Fatal ISO for the wii. I burned it on my DVD+R with imgburn. I put it in and got it running on backup launcher 3.0 beta and gamma. But after the opening cutscene it gives me the read disc error and says I should check my manual. I've tried pressing + to skip the cutscene and go right to the title screen, I got to the title screen once and got to the second cutscene once and then after that cutscene it started loading the next thing and I got the error again. So then I tried launching it again and I tried to skip the first cutscene again and it gave me the error again. I've tried again and still an error. So now I can't get to the title screen. Anyone else have this problem when trying to get the game to play? If anyone has gotten it to play perfectly tell me exactly what kind of dvd you used and how exactly you burned it. Any other solutions that anyone thinks might help would be great. Thank you.

supersonic88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i got it working perfectly (so far at least)
i played through the tutorial and till the end of the second level. opening cutscene and menu had no isuuses...lets just say i had no crashes

i burned the image using image burn at 2.4x speed on a TDK DVD-R disc...the disc image was 1:1

Darknesss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disc Read Error = Media Problem.

I am tired of seeing "I tried Game X which everyone has gotten working but it didn't work"

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Burn on DVD-R cuz DVD+R doesn't work
wink.gif

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop spreading rumors that Sonic Unleashed NTSC does not work - I have seen this everywhere on the net since a few people couldn't get it to work..it works PERFECTLY and yes, the FATAL release. I only patched it with brickblocker and that was it, I'm not even sure that I needed to do that but it runs so smoothly that there is not even any lag in the videos. ANY posts from here on out saying that sonic doesn't work should be removed; it's already proven that it does.

malsuk

Trophies
XP
Country
No probs on gamma with PAL wii 3.3E.

always burnt my backups on RiTek dye DVD-R never had any problems with my gamecube and Wii backups nor XboX 360 (ritek DL dye)

nicobellec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Always use dvd-r with wii mate i had the same problems when i first started out i had some tuff disc +r they wer a nightmare!

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, always use DVD-R, Maxell, Sony and Verbatim are the best brands for burning things. Also this is a reason why i hate downloading ISO's. For one they take to long to download and second all the time wasted downloading could result in a messed up ISO. So i just go to my local blockbuster, rent the game, and use Waninkokos Wii Game Dumper and just download the ISO of the original disk itself (using Wi-Fi Option), saves alot of agony!!

RyoutaDDC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoeyGennaro said:
Stop spreading rumors that Sonic Unleashed NTSC does not work - I have seen this everywhere on the net since a few people couldn't get it to work..it works PERFECTLY and yes, the FATAL release. I only patched it with brickblocker and that was it, I'm not even sure that I needed to do that but it runs so smoothly that there is not even any lag in the videos. ANY posts from here on out saying that sonic doesn't work should be removed; it's already proven that it does.
Wth Dude, he isn't spreading rumors he just said he has a problem getting it to work.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with everyone else here, My backup works, Burned on a Sony DVD-R

+R Gives a lot of people a lot of trouble and can fail after a short while as I'm frequently seeing around here.

shock44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Samoa
Alright I tried a sony dvd-r and it didnt work at all. So I tried a Memorex dvd+r again and I went to imgburn and then I clicked on change booktype button and clicked samsung tab cuz thats the brand of my dvd burner. Then I clicked dvd+r media in the first box then on the bottom box I chose dvd-rom and clicked change and it changed it successfully then I burned it and now it works perfectly!! Thank you guys! I used backup launcher 3.0 gamma and did the reboot and started it and it works perfectly.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isoptera4 said:
SONY DVD+R doesn't work but MEMOREX DVD+R does. I have never had any problem with MEMOREX DVD+R discs.

i beg to differ all of my backups are on sony+r's and i dont have any problems with tham also i would like to say DVD+r's do work people ok stop saying thay dont the fact is they do if you burn them properly (set the booktype or burn at a slow speed) also i dont intend to act like a ... so im sorry if i came on that way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps