Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
NiGHtS said:
HD= High Definition.

Watch the vid in 1080p guys...and for the REALLY ignorant ones, watch the whole video instead of the first half -_-

Looks frikkin sweet, would love a PS3 port!
smile.gif

as the ps3 is enabled for homebrew i would love to see this ported to the ps3, why won't homebrew devs use this as a advantage? i don't want to be playing this on a pc, it's a console game after all.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
TwinRetro said:
King Zargo said:
TwinRetro said:
You know, Sega, it's really sad when a handful of amateurs can make a better game than you can. ITS YOUR FUCKING FRANCHISE! If you were smart, you would have these folks on your payroll instead of doing the obvious, which is issue a C&D and kill any chance you have of bringing your fans back.
They are totally copying a game Sega made and just upgrading the graphics? Sega doesn't need to hire special people for this.

Until you know anything about video games besides just playing them, just don't open your mouth. You show how truly ignorant you really are. This isn't Sonic 2 with just a fresh coat of paint. Sega didn't hand over the source of the game and just said "Okay, have at it guys, have fun!" Which means that they for one needed to do the level designs by scratch, and the physics engine also by scratch. That, i'm sure is miles above what you are capable of, i'll bet my left testicle on that.

In your post you stated that the developers are doing something better than what SEGA does I just replied to that.

I did not post negative bad about the developers or the remake but SEGA already created this game way back in 1992. The remake developers are trying to recreate something as good as the original game. If they can pull it off its awesome, with this they prove to themselves and maybe future employers that they can create games.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever here is saying that there's no difference between this and Genesis, or that you can achieve the same quality with filters added to the Genesis games... Seriously, get your eyes checked. If you aren't just trolling and you really think that, you're in need of serious optical help. Really, i'm actually worried, no kidding.

Lets do a quick comparison. I'll post three screenshots. All three are the same scene from the same game. One is the original Genesis Sonic 2 at original resolution and no filters, another is the original Sonic 2 upscaled to @1024x768 and with the HQ4xS filter (via Fusion), and the last one is the new Sonic 2 HD remake running natively with all art designed specifically for 1080p. Here we go, i shall spoiler tag these due to bandwidth reasons-

Sonic 2 original (no filters, original resolution)-
sonicthehedgehog2001.png
Sonic 2 upscaled to 1024x768 with HQ4xS filter-
clipboard01dg.png
Sonic 2 HD @1080p-
screenshot3ns.png
Even without the HD, this remake contains totally redrawn art. It doesn't suffer from the sprite and color palette restrictions of the Genesis. Nor any of the other restrictions the Genesis had. Saying you can see no difference between this and the original game is either foolish, trolling, or disturbing (disturbing since i'm actually worried that there may be something serious wrong with your eyes.

On topic- I'm rather disappointed that all we got is 10 seconds of footage and 2 ingame screens. The trailer looks like stock Sega PR, hyping people up for nothing (though at least THIS game looks and plays good, unlike their own efforts). Having kept up with the main site for a while and the development process, they had a huge countdown and revealed very little. It was actually said that they would be releasing a playable demo when the countdown ends.

Admins over at a certain Sonic site (won't name it, it's got roms) are furious about the developers having lied to them to get free press and bandwidth. Also, for being a community project, the leaders are apparently screwing over the people who helped make this game. This game is on shaky grounds. Just wanted to give you the heads up, we may never actually see this game in a playable form if the hate keeps up. There's a huge pissing war going over at the site right now between the site admins and the project leader. Just wanted to let people know that there's trouble behind the curtains. I'm rather worried about the future of this project.

Oh well, if all else fails, we still have Fan Remix, which i figure i'm much more of a fan of than this one (though this one looks great too).

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright yeah it was kinda hard for me to tell in the video (I was only at 480p because im on a laptop on wi-fi right now but those screen shots posted by Granville helped a lot you can totally see the difference and I'm excited for it.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SmokeFox said:
So, sorry for asking this, but this game is for wich console? Or Emulator?
It's a native PC game for Windows. No emulator or other console required. When released, it will play like any other PC game. So assuming you have a somewhat decent PC, you should be fixed.

SmokeFox

Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
Brazil
granville said:
SmokeFox said:
So, sorry for asking this, but this game is for wich console? Or Emulator?
It's a native PC game for Windows. No emulator or other console required. When released, it will play like any other PC game. So assuming you have a somewhat decent PC, you should be fixed.
HUm, thanks man, that's cool, waiting for its release than.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point? Why not commit to making a newer, better experience than the same experience with a slightly better look (I say slightly, because while the upscale is quite smooth and not at all pixel(y), it is still the same design and art style which might as well be the same thing). Either way, I could care less about remakes or remasterings. In fact, I'm getting fed up with all the remakes in movies and video games as well as rehashes. Gimme something new and innovative, like what Nintendo likes to do or like what Mass Effect has done, but not actually LIKE those things.

[/super rant]

Necrotek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how many people would admire S2HD if it were done by Sega, not by fans. I don't have anything against S2HD, it's pretty good (I'll try it when it's done), but it seems to be exaggerated just because it's not official. It need a more impartial assessment.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
S2HD looks fucking beautiful. Those of you who think it looks the same are fucking blind in the eyes, my friend.

It looks gloriously shiny and beautiful while at the same time still sticking to the roots of Sonic 2, which is (from what I understand) the most known classic Sonic game amongst fans both old and young. (I think it had something to do with Sonic 2 coming with every Genesis, kind of like Super Mario World with the SNES.)

Personally, I think it's sick. Yeah, Sonic Fan Remix is cool but I really like S2HD.

Props to Retro for this, they're pretty much the best Sonic fan community out there with no bullshit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt