• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 12,206
  • Replies 185
  • Likes 7
D

Deleted User

OP
So, who here is looking forward to, and getting, Sonic Mania for their Switch (or other system) on this coming Tuesday?

I am. I'll pick it up as soon as it goes live (What time does the eshop update at in europe/uk/ireland?) and hopefully play a few hours before work, play a ton during my lunch break, then play even more when I get home!

I've been following this game since it's reveal, and have to say, the devs have absolutely knocked it out of the ball park with this game. Hell, even the mini-boss music is a throwback to the old, confirmed rumor that Micheal Jackson worked on Sonic The Hedgehog 3.

Anyone else?

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
7297TbQ.png

Soon, my precious...

Reactions: Tizm
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Wouldn't mind getting this at launch but will give it time to see if SEGA makes a physical release.

The definitive controller to play Sonic Mania on the Switch will be the Pokkén Controller (or 8 Bitdo ones) because it's nearly identical to the Mega Drive / Genesis controllers (closer to the SNES, tho).

Reactions: ShonenJump
D

Deleted User

OP
I already had the special edition preordered. Hype!
I so wanted it, but just couldn't afford it. So standard digital version it is for me so!
7297TbQ.png

Soon, my precious...
Nice, wouldn't mind if we got ports of the old games too.

Heck, wouldn't it be nice if Mania got an update later on that essentially gave us a Sonic Maker built right in..... that'd be freaking sweet!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wouldn't mind getting this at launch but will give it time to see if SEGA makes a physical release.

The definitive controller to play Sonic Mania on the Switch will be the Pokkén Controller (or 8 Bitdo ones) because it's nearly identical to the Mega Drive / Genesis controllers (closer to the SNES, tho).
I could see them possibly doing a physical cart maybe in a year or so, but not even the special edition doesn't have a cart atm.

Good point on the Pokken Controller. Unfortunetely I'll have to stick to the joycons tho!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Nice, wouldn't mind if we got ports of the old games too.
The remakes of Sonic 1 & 2 on Android/iOS are far better than the original games and they look spectacularly amazing in high definition but Sonic 3 & Knuckles was never made. Rumour goes that S3&K doesn't exist and won't thanks to Sonic Mania.

Win some, lose some.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still waiting for Nintendo to allow us to download it, have had the collector since last thursday and still says the content isn't accessible yet...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wish we could have Sonic 3 in 3d on 3DS, those 3D effects really make Sonic's background stand out!

D

Deleted User

OP
1/2 days left (1 if it goes live at Midnight) and we're golden! The hype is real! Listening to the soundtrack walking to/from work, and trying to avoid spoilers desperately!

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The remakes of Sonic 1 & 2 on Android/iOS are far better than the original games

I haven't played them, but on paper that sounds like bullshit. Remakes, errr. Mobile? What?

Riding on the hype train has made me reminisce on how emotionally attached I am to Sonic 1 and 2. I got them secondhand along with a couple other games and a Sega Genesis by a former friend when I was 10. I played Sonic 1/2 and Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition the most out of the others and it was really my first non-Nintendo console, and was the only one up until PS4 last year. I'll be getting it on PS4, I prefer physical release, but it's a last minute decision as I realized I have the money and I just couldn't wait, I'm so emotionally high, letting that die down just to wait for a physical release, and/or getting a Switch, fuck that. Those two Sonic games, didn't play on a Nintendo console, so I shouldn't be centered on that.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played them, but on paper that sounds like bullshit. Remakes, errr. Mobile? What?

Riding on the hype train has made me reminisce on how emotionally attached I am to Sonic 1 and 2. I got them secondhand along with a couple other games and a Sega Genesis by a former friend when I was 10. I played Sonic 1/2 and Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition the most out of the others and it was really my first non-Nintendo console, and was the only one up until PS4 last year. I'll be getting it on PS4, I prefer physical release, but it's a last minute decision as I realized I have the money and I just couldn't wait, I'm so emotionally high, letting that die down just to wait for a physical release, and/or getting a Switch, fuck that. Those two Sonic games, didn't play on a Nintendo console, so I shouldn't be centered on that.
Have you not played the Taxman Port? Your seriously missing out

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already have the money on my eshop account. I never played the classics to completion but thats gonna change.

Last edited by zeldaism,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: As long as you're not going hungry, it's nice to share things with your friends +1