Screenshot_20221030-215821_Opera.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 70

klonoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Executed successfully. But I get "ENCORE MODE" and "COMPETITION" items as question marks.

Are there any unlock conditions? :)
Time Attack Mode and Competition Mode unlocks by playing the singleplayer game (Mania Mode).

You first have to beat Green Hill Zone in Mania Mode or Encore Mode. Then when you have beat the boss of Green Hill, it should come up with a message saying "Competition mode has been unlocked" and "Time Attack mode has been unlocked"

Last edited by klonoa,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest Sonic Mania (+ Plus DLC) Wii port build as of November 1, 2022 ;)

With latest commits from Mefiresu's RSDKv5 Decompilation for Wii repo until git 2717621 and from Rubberduckycooly's Sonic Mania Decompilation repo until git 720b141

Please test this build, thanks ;)

Attachments

• SonicMania+PlusDLC_RSDKv5_Wii_01112022.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 63

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Weird. The compiled version from Saulfabre didn't boot, but the one on github (0.3.1) does. I tries moving the Data file around but made no difference.

• Sad
Reactions: SaulFabre

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. The compiled version from Saulfabre didn't boot, but the one on github (0.3.1) does. I tries moving the Data file around but made no difference.
try this. I had to install several additional things to compile it. the folder for the data.rsdk. etc. has changed to the folder RSDKv5. that goes on the root of the sd card, so put everything in there aside from the boot.dol, which will go in apps.

Attachments

• boot.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 61

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
try this. I had to install several additional things to compile it. the folder for the data.rsdk. etc. has changed to the folder RSDKv5. that goes on the root of the sd card, so put everything in there aside from the boot.dol, which will go in apps.
Thanks @godreborn i have tested this boot.dol and looks like it's working fine now. It looks for the Data.rsdk file in RSDKv5 folder, and the game can be played.

Can you tell us what more things you had to install for compile this port? For install them to my dkPPC setup and later be able to compile this port fine by myself ;)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just mostly libogc, and something else. I know there was an error about not finding fat.h, and something else as well. I didn't even have libogc in ubuntu installed. after installing the dependencies, which I guess weren't needed originally, unless I built it in msys or something the first time. I'm assuming yours didn't work, because the data.rsdk was in the wrong place (i.e. user error rather than error with compiling). it mentions the location change under releases on github.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
just mostly libogc, and something else. I know there was an error about not finding fat.h, and something else as well. I didn't even have libogc in ubuntu installed. after installing the dependencies, which I guess weren't needed originally, unless I built it in msys or something the first time. I'm assuming yours didn't work, because the data.rsdk was in the wrong place (i.e. user error rather than error with compiling). it mentions the location change under releases on github.
._.

i compiled the same code on Windows, with latest devkitPPC and libOGC.
Still black screen even when i have the Data.rsdk in the correct place.

What's going on?
Are you compiling on Windows?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't thank you enough for making it easier to revive good old memories @godreborn.
Do you plan to eventually upload it to the Open Shop Channel (Homebrew Browser)?
it's not my work. I just compiled it. if it does appear on the open shop channel, it will almost certainly be the one without dlc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like @godreborn complile is broken on my wii. gonna try out the other compile rn
works fine for me. did you follow the instructions? this location has changed.

BREAKING CHANGES: The game now expects game files to be at the root of your SD card in a folder named RSDKv5. Be sure to move these files when updating from an older version.​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica