Sonic Generations Opening Cutscene

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
The jump to 3D gameplay was not kind at all for this (already kind of stagnating) franchise. The original Sonic Adventure games really don't hold up very well, Shadow the Hedgehog was unbelievably stupid, Sonic Unleashed only slightly less so, and Sonic 2006 was horrendously awful. The rest of the games, spin offs or not, aren't very good (or at best, mediocre) either with few exceptions. (Edit: Had to generalize a bit. How do you distinguish between a main game and a spin off - the line is pretty blurry.)

This is a franchise that has seriously overstayed its welcome. Goodwill from nostalgic fans is fine, but it can't be the only thing carrying an otherwise decrepit series.

In my opinion, I find the SA games to be good, but have aged poorly and are in need of a remake. sorta like Metroid 2.

And I'd be pretty happy with Generations being the last sonic. They packed all the good stuff into it, so they might as well end it with a bang.

Reactions: 1 person

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I love the opening scene in all, but how is Blaze the cat there. Didn't see go back to her dimension at the end of Rush Adventures meaning that she shouldn't be at Sonic's Birthday party

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Some sort of horror emerges out of the air and seems to tear time apart as it abducts the other characters*
"That is not cool!"

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Oh my God, that was beyond terrible.

Seriously, what do people see in this (or Sonic at all anymore)?
I didn't think it was too bad, I mean, it's Sonic, after all, what do you expect? "HEY UGLY, LET GO OF MY FRIENDS!" *gets pushed back*

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of Sonic, this gives me a reason to buy a 3DS :D

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is Sonic: I would hope that we would keep his stupid mouth shut. Or that the writers could at least try and the casting department could cast people without voices that sound like nails dry humping a chalkboard. That would be wonderful.

Also, I have a question regarding player motivation. So this unexplained evil monster that conveniently appears when the entire cast is present kidnaps all of the supporting characters. How is this a bad thing, and why should we want to rescue them?

ZaeZae64: Unfortunately, this is not the last Sonic game. They are going to milk this cash cow dry until people just stop buying the damn games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night