Sonic Gems Collection - No good for Dios Mios?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by UltraTintin, Jul 19, 2014.

1. UltraTintin
    OP

UltraTintin Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2014
    Brazil
    Recently I finally got my usb loader working with GC games.
    Sonic Gems Collection thought seems to have issues. When I tryto run Sonic CD it basically shut the wii down. (The light was still on but the TV stopped showing as if the console is running) I read in some 2012 posts that dios mios doesn't work that well with usb loader for some games because they require a real disc... Is that still so?
    I setup my HDD for Wii exactly because my Wii's disc reader sucks, is slow, freezy, and just won't run a lot of GC or Wii games properly anymore. Do I have to deal with it or is there a solution for no-disc load of Sonic CD and other specific games?

Thanks

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I've played the PAL release of Sonic Gems Collection on Dios Mios Lite just fine, but I haven't tried playing Sonic CD on it.

3. UltraTintin
    OP

UltraTintin Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2014
    Brazil
    I'm using the PAL version too. Everything works, except Sonic R or CD.

By the way since I made a topic... I bought a 1019 blocks (official) memory card and for some reason Sonic Adventure DX needed me to switch slots in order to recognize the thing. Did I miss a step before using the memory card?

4. marcioap1

marcioap1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2012
    Brazil
    You must have a disc inserted. Any disc will do. It can be a blank CD-R.

UltraTintin likes this.
  5. UltraTintin
    OP

UltraTintin Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2014
    Brazil
    I see. Thanks!

It's a gigantic bummer even with the PAL Gems Collection I have the terrible US version soundtrack on Sonic CD... =/ Oh well.