Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
RupeeClock said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
I think that's because the fans were clamoring for a rehash of the old Sonic.
Fans wanted something that PLAYS like the old sonic, we were not given that.

idk with you guys but all i hear that people want to play old skool sonic 2d action and they want that. well go play sonic 1 over and over and don't complain about it.

not you rupeeclock idk why i quoted you
tongue.gif
. but anyway there are people who like the new sonic games like me.

i love sonic ds and sonic rivals for psp not only that one but sonic adventure 2 was one of the best games i had on the gamecube. and i loved that one to sonic unleashed where people said it is crap i loved that one even more ,the running effect the fighting is night was awsome i love the 3D sonic as the 2D also i have sonic 1 and 2 and play them always on my ipod touch.

my point is that the new sonic games are liked by some persons like me and i love the new games that come out even when they are 3D.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question. Why is it in every so-called 'leaked' vid of Sonic 4 I can find, Sonic runs like he has something inserted into him? I suspect the footage is of course all fake but if he runs like that in any official game, I'm officially giving up.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
For whatever reason I think they were just waiting for Galaxy to get released before they announce, so it doesn't get overshadowed by Sonic's former rival.

I'm looking forward to it - in the press release they made it sound like they were really trying to make it like daytime Unleashed.

SEGA has really been taking feedback seriously as of late; something makes me think they were the ones who leaked the Sonic 4 footage, being there so much of it, followed by a delay.

*High hopes!*

EDIT:

Also, the Wisps seem to me like it's going to be Sonic with power-ups, like in the orignal 2D games with the shields. Why did they get rid of those, save the electric one? I'm for it.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
RupeeClock said:
I just realised there's more effort put into that trailer than the entire of Sonic 4, catchy tune, intriguing characters we want to know more about, lush expansive environment, mystery.
And that's sad.
RupeeClock said:
For one, Sonic Colours has an actual trailer.
Sonic 4's trailer is as lazy as it gets.If you ask me the Sonic 4-Trailer pretty sweet, since it showed the evolution of the Sonic-Sprite over the years and also showed just a little bit of in-game-footage, which I personally prefer to see over a cinematic pre-rendered trailer... How the Sonic 4-Trailer is lazy I don`t know. If you ask me it is just a matter of presentation and marketing. And you really want intriguing characters (which would bring new character with it) and mystery in a title such as Sonic 4, which should resemble Sonic 1-3K...????

RupeeClock said:
Unfortunately that's not the case.
We've seen near-complete beta releases of Sonic 4 being leaked and played, we've seen 100% of a practically complete Sonic 4 and it blows chunks.

Then out of nowhere comes a trailer for Sonic colours, which in 20 seconds immediately demonstrates some actual creativity, dedicated scenic design, and even some better music.

It's plainly obvious that after seeing an hour of Sonic 4 gameplay and a 20 second trailer of Sonic colours, where all of SEGA's effort and creativity went.You know SEGA is just supervising Sonic 4 (developed by Dimps in cooperation with SonicTeam) so to say that there is a creativity-loss in Sonic4 because of SonicColours is just wrong if you ask me... There is always parallel development in big companies such as SEGA and especially with a partially outsourced title such as Sonic4 there shouldn`t be any problem or interdependence with the two titles! And since when did anybody want creativity (I`m not talking about creativity in level-design rather then the style of the game, which you evaluated here in comparison to the 20 seconds of SonicColours) in a classic-Sonic-game, which everybody demanded to be similar in style AND look to Sonic 1-3K!!!

QUOTE(RupeeClock @ May 26 2010, 08:51 PM) I have not personally played Sonic 4, but I have seen someone playing it live on livestream.
Neither I, the player, or any other viewer enjoyed the game, but instead took joy in ridiculing it.

Anyway, yeah true that all Sonic games have this same CGI animation, which masks a subpar game, but my point is that Sega are still appear to be putting more effort into Sonic Colours.
Sonic 4 doesn't look like it took any effort, they slapped a homing attack on the Sonic Rush engine and used copied designs from Sonic 1 & 2.
I personally refuse to judge on games I haven`t played but if I would have to pass judgment on the game without actually having played it I would say the level-design, from what I`ve seen so far, looks pretty good, with really nice speed-section, plattforming and the inclusion of the homing-attack does add to the parcour-feeling of Sonic-games... On Sonics handling I don`t want to pass judgment till I`ve played the finished product!

QUOTE(RupeeClock @ May 26 2010, 09:29 PM)
Fans wanted something that PLAYS like the old sonic, we were not given that.
You or anybody else were not given anything Sonic 4-related other then two or three trailers!!! To pass judgment on a game that you haven`t played because of things that got illegally leaked is IMO "just wrong" but to judge a game that hasn`t even been released and won`t be release for several months, which you treat like a finished product is just disrespectful. Show a little appreciation for Dimps and SEGA trying and they`ve also clearly stated, that the delay is for improvement of Sonics handling, which should show anybody, that they actually cared for all the comments on the game, even though I wouldn`t have mind the different handling they wanted to introduced in Sonic 4, since I think they did a good job on Sonic handling in Sonic Rush (not SonicRivals though). But that`s just my opinion...

rolleyes.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
more info http://www.gametrailers.com/news/sonic-spe...r-way-with/2113

QUOTE said:
Basically, each Wisp has a different “Color Power” that Sonic can absorb once the Wisp is freed. Such powers include Sonic being able to drill through the ground (known as Yellow Drill), or speed through the stage at intense speeds as a laser (known as Cyan Laser). The best part though, is the player being able to combine powers to create powerful combos. Each system will also have their own unique power ups as well, which Sega hopes will create a fresh experience for everybody.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple