Sonic Central stream roundup - Sonic Colors Ultimate and Sonic Origins announced

Here we go, Sonic fans. The stream is here, and SEGA is ready to show us what they've got. Stay tuned for the full announcement coverage.

There will be a musical event for the Sonic series on June 23rd, for the 30th anniversary.

Tokyo 2020 Olympics will feature a Sonic costume that your characters can wear. Launches June 22nd.

Two Point Hospital will have a Sonic pack.

Lost Judgement will have Sonic the Fighters be playable in-game.

Sonic Colors is back. Sonic Colors Ultimate launches September 7th, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. It will also be on PC, as an Epic Games Store exclusive.

A new project called Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps will be a short two-episode animation special to promote the launch of Sonic Colors Ultimate. Sort of like Sonic Mania Adventures, the animation is 2D, and features Roger Craig Smith as the voice of Sonic once more. Episode 1 will be out this summer.

Just as the rumors foretold, Sonic Origins is teased, compiling the first five classic Sonic games, with a major reveal that they're finally addressing Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, which will be part of the collection. More information is coming later this year. There will be extra additions and inclusions, though they were not specified. It'll have Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and CD.

Sonic 1, 2, and CD appear to be the Taxman versions, or at least feature widescreen support. However, Sonic 3's short footage shows it running at 4:3, unchanged from its original release.

UPDATE: Sonic 3 & Knuckles confirmed to be in 16:9 widescreen - see threadmark.

Sonic Racing for mobile adds classic Sonic.

SEGA discusses how Sonic games are coming to Amazon Luna and PlayStation Now.

The cartoon show Sonic Prime is the next topic. Sonic Prime will premiere next year. It takes place in the Shatterverse.

SEGA plans to release all sorts of toys and merch for the 30th anniversary. There's even jewelry.

Last but not least is the final tease...2022 will be when the next Sonic game launches, for last and current gen platforms. Xbox One, Series X|S, Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5.The short trailer shows Sonic running in a forest, using some sort of powers. No gameplay is shown. The title may be Sonic Zap, though it's uncertain.

UPDATE:
The social media manager for the Sonic Twitter account confirmed that Sonic 3 will get the widescreen treatment.

Last edited by shaunj66,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets hope they dont neuter the music

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also new wisp on colors box art

E2aHHHgVkAIChFy~2.jpeg

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..Where is Unleashed? ;-; I don't want to regret selling off my PS3 like this! Maybe the 2022 game will turn out fun. I wanna try Sonic 3 tho.

P.S I'm scared of that Keychain. Where are his shoes?!

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The short trailer shows Sonic running in a forest, using some sort of powers
I hope Sonic will actually keep a useful power and be able to Spin Dash again. It's kind of ridiculous that at this point Sonic while possibly the fastest character (Shadow suggests Sonic is faster than him in one of the DS games) he also has the least going for him. Knuckles has gliding and immense strength (Rouge can also glide), Tails has flight and is a genius, Shadow has super speed and stuff like Chaos Spear, Blaze has fire, Silver has telekenis, Espio can camouflage, and Sonic just has super speed (boost is really an extension of that and Shadow can boost too) since just about every main character can Spin Dash. Hell even his SA2 boss/multiplayer attacks like Sonic Wind would be cool even if he just uses his speed to make a sonic boom.
..Where is Unleashed? ;-; I don't want to regret selling off my PS3 like this! Maybe the 2022 game will turn out fun. I wanna try Sonic 3 tho.

P.S I'm scared of that Keychain. Where are his shoes?!
On the Wii so you don't have to do that annoying Tails flight level.
When a fanmade project seems more enticing than the real thing? You know something is wrong. An interesting event, but not THAT interesting. Is Colors really what they went with? Was it that good of a game? I don't think so.

No SA3, I guess?
Colors got good reception, but I agree it's not that great. Half the time I don't even know what's going on because Sonic is flying through the air in or zooming through an area in an on-rails section.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Racing on Apple Arcade?
Didnt even know that existed.
They say Google Stadia is bad but atleast someone mentions when a game releases on it.

Sonic Origins including Sonic CD?
Better all be Taxman versions I've bought those games too many times to get a lesser version.
Be a nice bonus if the Game Gear/Master System and Advance/NDS games could be brought back this way too.
Sonic spinball doesnt exist I guess.

Not looking forward to Sonic Zap.
The name alone makes it sound like its gonna be very gimmicky.
Movie style sonic perhaps?
Really wish we had a modern sonic who can roll again and make that the core mechanic.
Like how Mario rolls in Mario oddysey.... dang it stings to say that.

Last edited by shadow1w2,

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
someone should make a petition to add the multiplayer mode to the main game, cuz being able to play through the game together with your own screens would be truly ultimate

Quarions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope Sonic will actually keep a useful power and be able to Spin Dash again. It's kind of ridiculous that at this point Sonic while possibly the fastest character (Shadow suggests Sonic is faster than him in one of the DS games) he also has the least going for him. Knuckles has gliding and immense strength (Rouge can also glide), Tails has flight and is a genius, Shadow has super speed and stuff like Chaos Spear, Blaze has fire, Silver has telekenis, Espio can camouflage, and Sonic just has super speed (boost is really an extension of that and Shadow can boost too) since just about every main character can Spin Dash. Hell even his SA2 boss/multiplayer attacks like Sonic Wind would be cool even if he just uses his speed to make a sonic boom.

On the Wii so you don't have to do that annoying Tails flight level.

Colors got good reception, but I agree it's not that great. Half the time I don't even know what's going on because Sonic is flying through the air in or zooming through an area in an on-rails section.
Imagine playing Unleashed on Wii or PS2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

someone should make a petition to add the multiplayer mode to the main game, cuz being able to play through the game together with your own screens would be truly ultimate
there is online multiplayer already

upload_2021-5-27_20-50-57.png

Last edited by Quarions,

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sega is a monkey paw:

you want a port of sonic the fighters? buy a 60 dollar sequel to a spin off of yakuza

you want roger to keep voicing sonic? sure but wait yet another year to listen to him again

you want a remaster of sonic colors? sure, but its epic exclusive

you want info on the new game after 5 years of total silence? yeah but its a meaningless teaser

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i mean a good co-op mode, and for each of the games not just colours. simulator thing wasn't the main game just like s2's vs wasn't, being able to play through the MAIN GAME with a friend either co-op or a race

people make mods all the time that alter the main game loop, its fine having a compilation with flawless recreation or straight port.... but isn't it better when they add a few things?

i mean, isn't mania just that? its not a 1-1 recreation of classics, it has a few tweaks from what is still the favourite gameplay of the majority of sonic fans

Quarions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sega is a monkey paw:

you want a port of sonic the fighters? buy a 60 dollar sequel to a spin off of yakuza

you want roger to keep voicing sonic? sure but wait yet another year to listen to him again

you want a remaster of sonic colors? sure, but its epic exclusive

you want info on the new game after 5 years of total silence? yeah but its a meaningless teaser
None of these are valid critics tho, all what you are saying is a pile of garbage.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm always confused and underwhelmed with these classic Sonic re-releases. Like, every Sonic collection since Sonic Mega Collection has pretty much just been a trimmed-down version of that.

legaiaflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah after the Adventure games Sonic went waaaaaay downhill! They can't make a good 3D sonic game anymore because Yuji Naka along with all the old members of the past Sonic Team are gone or dispersed. They don't know what they're doing or how to make a good Sonic game.

The worst in my opinion is changing his personality in Colors and Lost World. Sonic was cool before those games but they made him a mascot for little babies. Telling stupid corny jokes you'd listen to in a little baby cartoon.

We had a glimmer of hope for the future of Sonic called: Sonic Mania. And of course it was made by a fan. Come on SEGA at least give us a sequel to that! The most we can hope for with the future of Sonic games...are fan games. Just look at how good this fan game is called Sonic Omens is!!!: This is how Sonic's personality is supposed to be. Not his kindergarten baby joke telling persona we currently have...!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...