Sonic Adventure: A face fall from grace

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
It's no secret that I hate Sonic after his fall from grace (up until Frontiers, a game that feels like an excessive reintroduction compared to Mania), but if there's one thing I need to discuss, it's how Sonic Adventure fell from grace. You might be thinking, "You stupid retard SA fell from grace because it of it's shitty GCN and PC ports!" You'd only be HALF correct, but these are some other reasons the Adventure saga hasn't had a game since SA2B:

-Yuji Naka's departure: Naka departed Sonic Team and SEGA in 2005, a year before the infamous Sonic The Hedgehog released, making Shat On The Hedgehog the last Sonic game he directed, and that game used his mechanics in SA2 + gun. Making it a possible reason chances of another Sonic Adventure game was shit upon. (Naka was recently arrested[and had a history of being a fucking asshole] so I don't feel bad for dissing him on this one.)
-The release of Sonic The Hedgehog (2006): *NEED I EXPLAIN HOW THIS MAY HAVE KILLED THE SA SERIES?!*
-Sonic had long fallen from grace starting from the Game Gear era up until now: People were slowly losing interest in SEGA, killing the Dreamcast in 2001, meaning that Sonic Adventure had no reason to exist.

This is mostly speculation, so don't quote me on this.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pass the bong around, friend. It's messing up with your mind.
SA is crap because of the gameplay.

The character is not suited to such a small fov and be as mobile as he was in the 2D games, like Sonic 3D has proven.

Blame Yuji Naka for being an idiot and using one single button for character control. In most if not all of the games he crapped. Like Balan Wonderworld, the real reason he was arrested in the first place.

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The character is not suited to such a small fov and be as mobile as he was in the 2D games, like Sonic 3D has proven.

Blame Yuji Naka for being an idiot and using one single button for character control. In most if not all of the games he crapped. Like Balan Wonderworld, the real reason he was arrested in the first place.
it always entertains me when people pull the "pass the drugs they're messing with you" card, only to then provide an even more crackhead opinion on something lmao

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras

Not the game itself
Post automatically merged:

it always entertains me when people pull the "pass the drugs they're messing with you" card, only to then provide an even more crackhead opinion on something lmao
I don't do drugs tho
Post automatically merged:

Balan Wonderworld was not Insider Traded.

Last edited by CupheadtheCritic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: *peacefully