Hacking Something wrong with my O3ds (Need help!)

ViolentRockstar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

(Not so) Recently my O3ds stopped working after drilling off a screwhead attached to the PCB. I don't know what went wrong, but ever since that happened, I am unable to use my o3ds properly. After about 5-10 seconds the device just crashes, or whenever I try to open an app. Booting the device takes like a minute, just like turning it off. I can't force-update the device because Wifi doesn't work for some odd reason. At this point I'm starting to think that it has something to do with the hardware. Menuhax and Browserhax are on the device but whenever I pop out the SD-Card the same things happen. It would be great if some of you would look at this.

Thanks in advance!
David.

Also: Someone told me that you guys are usually good at this stuff, thats why I'm posting it here aswell :)

Attachments

• pcb1.jpg
    pcb1.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 232

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The picture is pointless. It's blurry and there is nothing that indicates a visual damage on the PCB. The problem described is most likely a hardware problem.
Seems you damaged/short the board while tearing it apart. Sorry but you are on your own.

Last edited by GothicIII,

ViolentRockstar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The picture is pointless. It's blurry and there is nothing that indicates a visual damage on the PCB. The problem described is most likely a hardware problem.
Seems you damaged/short the board while tearing it apart. Sorry but you are on your own.
Sorry about the crappy quality. Do you have any tips on what I should look for, would the PCB be damaged? Thanks.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If there is no obvious damage like ripped off transistors or deep scratches or shorted/molten/rusted wires/solder points then you are out of luck. You need technical equipment to figure things out. You would need to test many electronical parts like resistors/transistors and check if the solder points are good. Else you can't figure out what's wrong.
The only thing you could do is to get yourself a 2nd 3ds (same model) and swap out parts one by one to get the culprit. its difficult to tell But here it's probably the main board (on the photo it the board with most electronical parts). It would cost ~50$ to fix it.

Last edited by GothicIII,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
If there is no obvious damage like ripped off transistors or deep scratches or shorted/molten/rusted wires/solder points then you are out of luck. You need technical equipment to figure things out. You would need to test many electronical parts like resistors/transistors and check if the solder points are good. Else you can't figure out what's wrong.
The only thing you could do is to get yourself a 2nd 3ds (same model) and swap out parts one by one to get the culprit. its difficult to tell But here it's probably the main board (on the photo it the board with most electronical parts). It would cost ~50$ to fix it.
If you got a second 3ds, what would the point of repairing the first one be?

Other than that, you're pretty much SOL. You'll probably need to send it to a electronics repair company and hope they fix it for cheaper than Big N.

ViolentRockstar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright. I´ ll look for that tomorrow. I really don't wanna send it to repair because I paid less for the device itself. I guess I'm just gonna salvage whats remaining of it then and dump it in the trash.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am guessing but it sound like some of the screw was left behind and causing a short somewhere.
The two stripped screws are still in place. Could those cause interference? I'll remove them and see what the results are. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality