something weird

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Princess Rozalin, Aug 5, 2010.

Aug 5, 2010

something weird by Princess Rozalin at 2:44 AM (834 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Princess Rozalin
    OP

Member Princess Rozalin †GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†

United States
    Well today i sign on MSN IM and i got 3 friend Invites.the weird thing i dont recognize these Invites nor the Emails.Also it says all 3 invites was send 4 hours ago.

[​IMG]

i thinking it might be bots or something.i dont want to add them cause im thinking they might try to infect me with a Virus or something i find it weird all 3 was 4 hours ago add.

PS:im also having a prob like when i touch my screen or move my laptop screen it dims but flashing like my comp backlight wants to go out.does it mean i have to get my comp light or screen repaired please let me know.

2. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    I've had this happen to me before.... they were people telling me to come see their sex cam and it's free... but it's a bot. and that's all [​IMG]

But... weird.

I suggest if you don't know them just decline

3. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Hey Rozalin, long time no see chat.

Looks like a a bot to me. Although a Google search won't help because the bot probably randomizes the email names to sound like real people.

4. Princess Rozalin
    OP

Member Princess Rozalin †GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†

United States
    i tried a Google search before posting here no search Results anyways ty for replying i think im gonna Decline i rather not take the risk.

---posts merged---

I just checked my Inbox and those 3 People were marked as Spam in my Hotmail Inbox and it says MIcrosoft Screen Filter has Mark these People as Junk.

5. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Definitely bots, it's very rare for people to use part of their name in an email unless it ties into another word, e.g. tominator or the names are seprated e.g adam.smith or adam_smith or followed by numbers, e.g adamsmith123 etc, etc.
    Laptop screen? It's hard to diagnose it over the internet so I'd say take it to a repair shop. I've had a couple come in and more often than not it was a ribbon cable fault.